Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's the biggest animal you ever missed? >

What's the biggest animal you ever missed?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the biggest animal you ever missed?

Old 01-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's the biggest animal you ever missed?

While in Ohio a few years ago I missed a true blue monster. It was pouring down rain and I was standing up against a tree when this bruiser came up behind me. He was up wind so he couldnt smell me, but he knew something wasnt right. He let out the deepest blow that I have heard a deer make, I bout crap my pants. Anyway he decided he had been there long enough and he turned to run, I grabbed my muzzleloader put the crosshairs on the shoulder and fired right thru a big sapling. Then he stop to look at me,he was at least 20 inches wide with long sweeping beams. His bases looked like coke cans, with 10 beautifullong tines. Steam was coming from his nostrils,it was a sight that I will never forget. He still haunts my dreams sometimes, but thats deer hunting.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Site Buck Guru

The biggest animal I've missed was about a 150ish whitetail.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:37 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-18-2009, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I was a freshman, My best friend and I went elk hunting in a new location. We stumbled across a heard of elk.. He shot a nice 5x4 bull. And I missed a HUGE 7x7 bull. I don't know how big he was, but it was surreal just to be within 40 yds of him... I still have bad dreams!
Old 01-18-2009, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

The ones that get away are always Bigger![8D]

Dan
Old 01-18-2009, 12:09 PM

new years eve 2008 i missed a monster main frame 12 with all kinds of kickers thats been runnin my river bottoms for a few yrs (got 4 trail cam pics)-never seen him on stand tho, until this night, it was 28 degrees with no wind and i had seen 31 deer and this guy comes up a hill on a trail behind me 18 yards and i stand up in my climber and face him (undetected) and then he stops behind a tree and im running out of light and i draw and he jumps and runs about 10 stepsback the way he came (quartering away 25 yards now) and i shoot right under his belly and the broadhead scrapes on the white fuzz and he runs off and i never saw him again till yesterday i saw him cross the road in front of me coming home from my teams wrestling meet...hell get bigger next yr

Old 01-18-2009, 12:19 PM

I had a 7x7 bull 15-20 yards away. he came in just the way we wanted on our calling set up, but he stopped broad side behind a big jackpine with his vitals behind the tree and just his head and rack was poking out on the otherside of the tree. i was in full draw but after a few min he finally seen something that he didnt like and ran off.talk about a tease but it was one of the biggest rushes ive had hunting so far!
Old 01-18-2009, 12:39 PM

I missed the same 130" buck this year well techniclly not 2 cuz wit the gun i hit his tine but us hunters call that a miss lol he waz 40 yards + when i missed him wit the bow and wit the gun he was jumping through the marsh grass and i hit his tine then he ran to my grandpa who dropped him. I also in the same weekend hit a low 100's buck high behind the shoulder we think he die but we just ran out of blood i'll be a man and admit i shed a couple tears after that one and that was wit the bow. I'm only 17 though so i got a lot of years ahead of me.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bull elk
Old 01-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

well this season i saw the biggest buck ive ever seen, didnt get a chance to pull the trigger. he was zigg-zaggin his way through the woods with his nose to the ground after a hot doe. it was raining pretty good. i did everything i could to get his attn. he was about 25 yards from me. either he didnt hear my calls (rattled & the can call) or he didnt care. ive NEVER shook so hard in my life...i was tore up! big body, chocolate colored rack, look like a big 10..tall and heavy not real wide but had some mass.

Quick Reply: What's the biggest animal you ever missed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.