HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Diamond Iceman/Ross Carnivore (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/283061-diamond-iceman-ross-carnivore.html)

hardcorehunter 01-17-2009 08:34 AM

Diamond Iceman/Ross Carnivore

Last night I saw the prettiest and neatest bow I have seen I believe....the Diamond Iceman:
I don't believe I have ever seen a more beautiful and super cool looking bow. I held one last night at Scheels and I was "Wowed". Realtree Hardwoods Gray Invelvet. The limbs, riser, the whole design was very pleasing on the eyes and looked like an engineering masterpiece. On the other side, the Ross Carnivore was the ugliest and most un appealing new bow I have laid my eyes on as far as new technology. Looked like something built in the 80's. I was disappointed as I have heard shock and awe from the reports on this bow. Just my opinions..I didn't shoot either.That Ross Carnivore is quite a shooter from what I have gathered....just wasn't eye candy 2 me.

buckeye 01-17-2009 08:44 AM

RE: Diamond Iceman/Ross Carnivore

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Last night I saw the prettiest and neatest bow I have seen I believe....the Diamond Iceman:
I don't believe I have ever seen a more beautiful and super cool looking bow. I held one last night at Scheels and I was "Wowed". Realtree hardwoods invelvet. The limbs, riser, the whole design was very pleasing on the eyes and looked like an engineering masterpiece. On the other side, the Ross Carnivore was the ugliest and most un appealing new bow I have laid my eyes on as far as new technology. Looked like something built in the 80's. I was disappointed as I have heard shock and awe from the reports on this bow. Just my opinions..I didn't shoot either.

I own both bows... I enjoy them both very much. There is no bow that draws as smooth or easy pound for pound as the Ross Carnivore. Next time you are down there give er' a pull. The look on my buddies faces when they draw that bow back is priceless. :D

As for the Iceman I agree,I love the lines of the bow and the realtree grey complements it very well. This is the bow I have been shooting the most as of late.

hardcorehunter 01-17-2009 08:53 AM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I don't believe I have ever seen a more beautiful and super cool looking bow. I held one last night at Scheels and I was "Wowed". Realtree hardwoods invelvet. The limbs, riser, the whole design was very pleasing on the eyes and looked like an engineering masterpiece. On the other side, the Ross Carnivore was the ugliest and most un appealing new bow I have laid my eyes on as far as new technology. Looked like something built in the 80's. I was disappointed as I have heard shock and awe from the reports on this bow. Just my opinions..I didn't shoot either.

I own both bows... I enjoy them both very much. There is no bow that draws as smooth or easy pound for pound as the Ross Carnivore. Next time you are down there give er' a pull. The look on my buddies faces when they draw that bow back is priceless. :D

As for the Iceman I agree,I love the lines of the bow and the realtree grey complements it very well. This is the bow I have been shooting the most as of late.
I have heard nothing but positive reports on this Ross. That Iceman is easy on the eyes and I will have to shoot both.

MeanV2 01-17-2009 09:13 AM

Bows are like Women!

Looks can be deceiving![8D]

I've already tagged 2 Turkeys with my Carnivore, and I guarantee they won't be the last animals that don't get by the Carnivore. At the price, this bow is a Hunters Dream, and IMHO a sleeper for the year!

I really don't see the Ugly?:eek:butI never understood why some don't like skinny gals either, but they don't;)

Dan

MOhunter46 01-17-2009 09:22 AM

If i do buy a new bow this spring it will be either one of these. The Iceman does look amazing but looks wont be the deciding factor on which one i will buy. Im real anxious to see how both of these bows shoot.

MeanV2 01-17-2009 09:26 AM

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

If i do buy a new bow this spring it will be either one of these. The Iceman does look amazing but looks wont be the deciding factor on which one i will buy. Im real anxious to see how both of these bows shoot.
Wayne, Good thing is I doubt there is a wrong choice:D

Dan

Germ 01-17-2009 09:27 AM

HCH is all about pretty

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-17-2009 09:39 AM

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

I agree with Dan, there's no loser in those picks but throw the Admiral in there too when you shoot the Iceman and tell us what you think.

mahoningbuck 01-17-2009 09:40 AM

Both quality bows and have shot both of them in the past few weeks, you can not go wrong with either pick!

MeanV2 01-17-2009 09:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Germ

HCH is all about pretty
LMAO!!

Love the Avatar Gary![8D]

Dan