Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 best broadheads...? >

best broadheads...?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

best broadheads...?

Old 01-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: best broadheads...?

Old 01-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

i really like magnus stingers, deadly accurate and you get pass thru's most of the time... the only problem i have with the rage is penetration issues, you have to have some serious KE to get pass thrus

And where and how have you determined this?

I shoot 260fps out of a Mathews Switchback with a 4000 Vapor arrow and a 28" draw. We certainly ain't talking serious KEand have passed completely through 3 Kansas bucks weighing 280-330 lbs live weight. Shots were 15, 22 and 32 yards.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

There is no “best” broadhead. But there many that will get the job done in a varied set of circumstances.
Some are tougher built, some less likely affected by tuning issues. Some come scary sharp, others are able to be returned to sharp over & over.
A long time fan of thunderheads, I would not feel any less confident with magnus stingers, slick tricks, muzzys, or montecs on the tip of my arrows. That said I will keep plugging away with my thunderheads for the majority of my hunting needs. They’ve never given me a reason to doubt them.
ditto whatrybo said

my personal opinion is I like a good solid fixed head, rather than a mechanical...less to potentially go wrong. stick with your Muzzy's, they won't let you down
Old 01-18-2009, 12:25 PM

thanks everyone...this was simplyto answer a questionfor me, i do like my muzzys and i have always had passthrus with them-every deer ive ever shot-my dad wants to switch to mechanicals and i wanted to get him and i some info...so thanks and i will definetely stick with my muzzys for now

-ill go to gander mtn this summer and look at the slick tricks tho, i saw their name alot
Old 01-18-2009, 03:33 PM

Grizzly
Old 01-18-2009, 05:02 PM

Shot muzys for 5 years and just recently switched to G5 montecs and love them wont go back to the muzzy's. They keep their edge pretty good and they are easy to sharpen.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:22 PM

I have killed deer with Thunderheads, Muzzy, Wasp, and now Rage... they all performed well..I went to Rage this year to see what all the hype was about...they aregood, but the deer were no more dead than they were with the muzzy.. seriously, I wanted to have good flight and destroy the deer, it did both, but I still think Muzzy head are the best heads out there.. just my opinion about Muzzy.