Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's up with these new Muddy sticks? >

What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

Old 01-18-2009, 07:42 AM
Banned

Default RE: What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

lol...just messin with Todd...he knows that.[8D]
Old 01-18-2009, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

If Iwas rich, then id be all into your sticks Todd. But for a guy like me, who hangs 5 sets a year, i just cant do it. For your sticks im looking at $649.95 + tax just for sticks. I could go other places and getfive 15' sticks for $149.95+ tax. I just don't see why anybody would spend an extra $500. just my input.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

If Iwas rich, then id be all into your sticks Todd. But for a guy like me, who hangs 5 sets a year, i just cant do it. For your sticks im looking at $649.95 + tax just for sticks. I could go other places and getfive 15' sticks for $149.95+ tax. I just don't see why anybody would spend an extra $500. just my input.
I don't think they are trying to market these steps to people that leave sets up all year. First of all I wouldn't want to leave that kind of coin in the woods while I'm not out there.

I think these are mainly aimed towards those who hang there set everytime in the woods.

I'm with you though, cheap steel steps for me on permanent sets.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:27 AM

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

ToddI absolutly love the idea of the two steps and the cam locks I havent went sticks yet but ifI do ill pick these over the LW. How bought we trade a set of sticks for another WKP engraved rock [8D]Guys, as for the discussion on the shorter sticks and needing a fifth stick, cant we just use two crank in steps at the base of the tree to make up the difference ??? I mean come on, how hard is it to put two crank in steps in while standing on the ground?? Dont get lazy on me I hate putting them in while dangling on another step but on the ground, whats one minute more??
I agree....kinda. I'm 6'3" and i figure 4 steps will get me to 16-17 feet. Add 2 screw ins at the base and i'm at 20-22 feet which may be ok with the right cover. That leaves me 6-8 more feet to get to the height i prefer to hunt at 90% of the time.. I think i will stick with the stacking sticks. I have so many sets that I i just mix and match and make 28' lenghts out of them. I have had to modify some of the top pieces to allow more sections. Besides, I enjoy going out with a buddy in July/August and hangng stands while sweating out the pounds.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep one thing in-mind guys, when I designed these sticks- I designed themfor mobile hunting. We have about 30 stands set each season - for the entire season. We have a variety of ladder sticks, individual sticks, screw-in steps, and several junk sticks that serve their purpose.

The rest of the year, I bounce around farms. The advantage of these sticks is to allow a guy to set-up anywhere quickly - and most important - quietly. I'm not seeing myself or anyone I know selling everything they own to replace everything with the new design. But - I see alot of guys trying them outbecause not all of us hunt our own farms where we can just leave stands in-place andknow they will be there when wereturn. I grew up hunting public land and bringing and taking sets in and out with me each hunt. That's where I learned to love moving around constantly. Now I am just trying to design the best possible products for the tactic I love so much!

Thanks for all the help to get the word out. Stop by and see me atone of the shows hardcorehunter.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome design. contrary to what people are saying i understand completely what these where designed for.
These would be perfect for say a public land hunt where you cant or dont want to leave your stand up.
Or if you get permission to hunt a new piece of land in the middle of season without alot of time to scout.
Maybe you thought your current set was in the perfect spot but then you notice they are using a secondary trail a hundred fifty yards away.
Not a problem with the portability and ease of use with these steps.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

Keep one thing in-mind guys, when I designed these sticks- I designed themfor mobile hunting. We have about 30 stands set each season - for the entire season. We have a variety of ladder sticks, individual sticks, screw-in steps, and several junk sticks that serve their purpose.

The rest of the year, I bounce around farms. The advantage of these sticks is to allow a guy to set-up anywhere quickly - and most important - quietly. I'm not seeing myself or anyone I know selling everything they own to replace everything with the new design. But - I see alot of guys trying them outbecause not all of us hunt our own farms where we can just leave stands in-place andknow they will be there when wereturn. I grew up hunting public land and bringing and taking sets in and out with me each hunt. That's where I learned to love moving around constantly. Now I am just trying to design the best possible products for the tactic I love so much!

Thanks for all the help to get the word out. Stop by and see me atone of the shows hardcorehunter.
You can count on it Todd...long time no see and I look forward to seeing you again. I am going to the MO and IA Deer Classics this year.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:49 PM

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd
The advantage of these sticks is to allow a guy to set-up anywhere quickly - and most important - quietly. I'm not seeing myself or anyone I know selling everything they own to replace everything with the new design. But - I see alot of guys trying them outbecause not all of us hunt our own farms where we can just leave stands in-place andknow they will be there when wereturn. I grew up hunting public land and bringing and taking sets in and out with me each hunt. That's where I learned to love moving around constantly. Now I am just trying to design the best possible products for the tactic I love so much!
Well said.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Theses steps might work well in conjection with the Lone Wolf steps as I see you only being able to get 12' up with a 4-pak. But with a set of these and the LW steps you would be good to go. Only problem would be it would be another thing to carry as I don't see how both setscould be carried on the stand. The 18" Mudd Sticks could then be used for those tight places you couldn't use the LW ladders. Maybe the 4 Mudd sticks would fit inside say 1 or even 2 LW sticks allowing them to be attached to the stand for carrying.

BTW, the Mudd Sticks will be at the Harrisburg Show in booth 2901. They will be able to be viewed but not purchashed at that time
Old 01-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can tell you from my first time setting these up in a tree - with 4 sticks, I was probably at 15 ft. without stretching too far in-between (for me). I would only need 5 sticks to set-up in most cases - that's all I'd bring.

If you want to hunt 30 ft. off the ground, you need a climber. I don't hunt high, in-fact, I generally hunt between 14-18 ft. I don't like aiming at spines!

Quick Reply: What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.