Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's up with these new Muddy sticks? >

What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

Old 01-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Banned

Default RE: What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

The distance between the steps are 18". We opted to only offer the 2-step version because the shorter the distance between mounting brackets - the more secure they are when mounting to a tree. The longer sticks pull off the tree too easily, and we want these to be the safest on the market. Safety is the first priority, and they fit crazier trees better! I never climb straight trees it seems! he he he ....
Todd..Do you use climbing sticks and hangons...according to a NC bowhunter, hangons and climbing sticks are way to dangerous to use and a PITA according to him. Climbers are the answer so he told me on AT.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:30 PM

Todd will these sticks pack with a Lone Wolf Assault as well as the lone wolf sticks?

Old 01-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

No, the V-brackets don't rotate. This causes the bolts to loosen over time, and it also doesn't allow for the tightest possible fit on a tree. I've spent TONS of time testing this aspect of the design - and solid V-brackets are more solid on trees when loaded. They basically are so rock-solid once you put weight on them - they will stick to the tree even when you take the rope off.

They will stack on a Muddy stand, a LW stand, and any stand with a 1-1/4" tube. They will also be packable in two different ways on the Muddy stand. One laying on the side (so they pack lower to the stand), and also like the LW's pack.

Another major advantage of our sticks is that they have a small loop extruded into the V-bracket that will actually attach to a Muddy harness so you can pack a stick on each side of your waist. You will only need to go up the tree once even if you are hunting with 5 sticks. You can set two sticks from the ground (another advantage to the short stick), put two on your waist, throw your stand on your back, hold one stick going up, and go up the tree a single time!

Most guys will end up using 5 sticks for normal set-up's. That's what I'll likely be using most of the time.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:38 PM

Thanks, I think you have a winner here Todd.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

So if "most guys" will need 5 sticks, then why not sell a 5 Pack? How much is a single stick gonna cost? This was a gripe I had with LW as well.

LT
Old 01-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

So if "most guys" will need 5 sticks, then why not sell a 5 Pack? How much is a single stick gonna cost? This was a gripe I had with LW as well.

LT
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Banned

LT
lol..I use 6 sticks...3 LW and 3 Gorillas and the gorillas are a ripoff copy of the LW's, hence they were forced 2 quit selling them. Sounds like I need at least 9-10 Muddys
Old 01-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Bartender

Thanks Todd see you at the Wis show.
ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

The distance between the steps are 18". We opted to only offer the 2-step version because the shorter the distance between mounting brackets - the more secure they are when mounting to a tree. The longer sticks pull off the tree too easily, and we want these to be the safest on the market. Safety is the first priority, and they fit crazier trees better! I never climb straight trees it seems! he he he ....
Old 01-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, can someone give me a price on 1 stick section?

LT
Old 01-16-2009, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

LT
I think the same thing . I wanted a cheaper alternative but if i got to buy more sticks it may not

Quick Reply: What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.