Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's up with these new Muddy sticks? >

What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

Old 01-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

Interesting to see the specs and the price ?. I'll have to watch for these as to when and where they are available
Old 01-15-2009, 10:21 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Ya.. I've sat in the Huntmore stool HCH.

Let's just say you could use it as an office chair.. it's THAT comfortable.

I'll be getting one.. I feel like I could hunt for many more hours with such comfort. And I love to hunt from the ground.. I do.

You could fall asleep in it.
Awesome!!! I hate my DB chair and I have felt for a long time the industry has needed a lightweight comfortable blind chair. Their website says they will be at the IA Deer Classic..I will get one there.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm proud to say that I'm the designer of the new Muddy Sticks. Now that the patent is pending, we can start showing them off. They are what I've always dreamed of in a climbing stick. Light-weight, no metal buckles, and two steps so you no-longer have to guess which side of the tree you want that last step to be on.

The specifications are as follows - 4 pack of sticks weigh 10 pounds and will be rated to 300 pounds. They will retail for $129.99 (4 sticks).

We've had TONS of good feedback on them. If they make me happy they will make everyone else happy too! I'm pretty anal about the details.

The cams are designed to allow us to use a rope-climbing grade climbing style rope that is rated to 3,800 pound break strength. It's a USA made rope - and will last for years in the field. The spring loaded cams allow for the rope to be placed between them, as soon as any weight is applied, it locks tight on the rope and it can't slip out. It is a pretty slick little set-up - and our patent will prevent anyone else from touching us.

The steps themselves have a geared section at the back of the steps to allow a hunter to pull both sides down at the same time, same when you fold them up for packing. The step design is also included in our patent, so no-one can touch that design either.

I'm also proud to be the guy who designed the Huntmore stool. It has a patented cast aluminum hub system that will prevent anyone from knocking us off on that design either. Just this morning I tested the chair in -18 degree temperatures - and it is dead silent even at that low of a temperatures.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a picture of how the sticks pack.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Todd...do you need a new designer by chance? I know how to run SolidWorks...been doing it for 10 years now.

That is an awesome design Todd. Congrats on that, I know how it feels when a good design becomes reality!!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Banned

Looks cool Todd...See ya at the IA deer Classic..thanks for the info
Old 01-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Bartender

Whatis the length of each stick?

Thx,
T
Old 01-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like I'm going to have to buy a set. They look great!!! I hate messin with buckles[:@]
Old 01-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

The distance between the steps are 18". We opted to only offer the 2-step version because the shorter the distance between mounting brackets - the more secure they are when mounting to a tree. The longer sticks pull off the tree too easily, and we want these to be the safest on the market. Safety is the first priority, and they fit crazier trees better! I never climb straight trees it seems! he he he ....
Old 01-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

With only two steps per section it doesn't seem that 4 sections would get you very high unless you spaced them way far apart. I'm short-leggedso it takes 4 LW sections (the longer, 3 step stick) to get me 16' give or take.The cam lock deal sure looks appealing though.

Also, do the brackets swivel like the lw's do?

Quick Reply: What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.