Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's up with these new Muddy sticks? >

What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

Old 01-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Bartender

Default RE: What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

Just like to add if you do it right usually the first few setups on deer is when you have your best chance.
Deer catch onto you pretty dang quick and since ive become mobile I love it.

T
Old 01-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

To claifyI hunt at about 22' and I hang everytime I hunt in most instances and I don't take giant steps between ladders, scares me. I still see myself purchashing a setand an extra.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:46 PM

So if your steps are 18" apart and you put ur steps at say 20" apart that will only get you 12 and a half foot off the ground with 4 steps and 15 and a half foot with 5 steps. Just not high enuff once the leaves fall off for sure. I use 5 Lone Wolf steps once the leaves are gone and usually 4 when the leaves are on. To bad they arent 3 steps long instead of 2 or i could see myself using these. I do love the cam loc system on it, really slick.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dont worry about my height as much as i do movement anymore. There is a reason deer look up in the first place. and it isnt cause i'm to low, it usually cause i make a stupid movement that i didnt need to or i'm not paying attention.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got a chance to thoroughly check these out at the ATA show... I was extremely impressed.

As someone who's done the run 'n gun thing with a LW Alpha and four LW sticks for several years, I can affirm that Todd's dead onabout a couple things: One, guessing which side of the tree you ultimately want your last step to end up on at stand height... and, Two, the wise choice to NOT have the bracket swivel that fits against the tree. I've often wondered if I could weld the ones on my LW sticks into a solid position somehow.

Another nice touch about having the double steps at the same level is the ability to stand on the last couple with your feet even while hanging your stand...

It's safe to say that I'll probably be owning a set of these. Just a great design.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Greg - Thanks for the comments. We actually had a bunch of different guys who use those tree saddles check out our sticks and they loved the double steps at the top of the sticks as well! And yes, they do make hanging a standmuch easier. Just weird(in a good way) to have that extra step on the other side. Took me some getting used to. I had to keep reminding myself it didn't matter which footI used!

I've found through my own tests that I actualy end up using the entire 9.5" of step at the top side when stepping up and down. Just a MUCH bigger target to hit on your way down the tree - especially in the dark!

Shorter is safer as well, that's what ended up being our deciding factor in deal.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:21 AM

Todd, Design looks great, very functional for on the move hunting. And its probably what you had in mind the whole time. I understand what some of the guys are saying about spending alot of $ on multiple sets of sticks, heres my theory. You dont buy 5-10 different climbers to hunt with all season, you buy 1 mabey 2 climbers and use them when and were you can. (straight trees). Hang all your sets early, like u should, and when the season gets here, the deer do different things, new land pops up, any situation, just 4 or 5 of these sticks and a good lock-on is all you need.I admit I have about 25-28 cheap sticks that I put stands up with early in the season. I have summits that I use in straight trees, but these new sticks look like amobile hunters dream. Count me in bro.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

When are they available and what is the sticker? I am spending some money here in the near future and if muddy wants it fine. Or it will be LW.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

$129.99 for a 4-pack - $35.00 each. They will be available by July.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Bartender

To me the biggest issue with the LW was when I would leave the stand and then relize I hope I have the right foot
down for the peg. I admit at the ATA I was like just another rip off of LW but after thinking about it sometimes
your gut feeling is just plain wrong and I have added this to my wants list.

T

Quick Reply: What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.