Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's up with these new Muddy sticks? >

What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

Old 01-16-2009, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

Well, I can tell you that ours are definately not a "cheaper" alternative. If you want something that is TMA approved, extremely strong, made and quality control checked - it will not allow a company to sell them "cheap" and make any money on the product. I won't even get into liability insurance, patent costs, and development.

If we only sold them in 5-packs, the retail price would go up to $159.99 - which most people won't pay. We are faced with these decisions because of what the market has been trained to accept by the existing companies - we're just doing our best to offer the best possible product at the best possible price. 4 sticks at $129.99 is just that.

Individual sticks will cost $34.99 - and be available at the same time you buy a 4-pack - so if you want 5 then buy an extra one.

If you want to buy a low-quality and low-priced stick system - the new Muddy Sticks are surely not it!
Old 01-16-2009, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

They do look nice, I like the cam locking idea. i just got my LW sticks with UCR's so not in the market. I may have to get a single to try out.
BTW, Todd< love your video's, will see youat WIs classic
Old 01-16-2009, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Soa 5-stick pack would be less than the 4+1? Could you sell a 4 pack and a 5 pack, with the 5 pack having like a "Save a couple bucks and get a 5 pack" or something?
Old 01-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive never had any problems getting into my stand using my $35 sticks from wal-mart....

But if i were a "portable" fixed stand user, I could see where they would needed.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: dandbuck

They do look nice, I like the cam locking idea. i just got my LW sticks with UCR's so not in the market. I may have to get a single to try out.
BTW, Todd< love your video's, will see youat WIs classic
U like your UCR's? I love mine. The price of $75 for 6 hurt a little, but they sure are sweet IMO
Old 01-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

To be honest Don, i only used them a couple times since I got them. They took a little getting used to putting them on the tree, but you can't beat how they some off and they are super quiet. I am still trying to find the best way to get everything on my pack comfortable and tight, but it's working ok for now, and I end up with a light pack.
Dandbuck
Old 01-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definitely like the looks of the sticks and the cam design. Those broadheads are worth a second look as well. Follow the links under broadheads, they look pretty sweet:

http://www.newarchery.com/
Old 01-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Believe me man - I understand where you guys are coming from. From the supply, warehousing and costs stand-point, a 5 stick pack means another carton design and tool, another product we are forced to stock. A standard 4 pack and individual sticks are all we can offer to start. It's a HUGE investment to stock another configuration. You'd poop if you knew the associated costs with just adding another option. In the future - we may add alternative packs - but to start - we can't do it. We may do a 5-pack deal - but that's up to the owner of Muddy.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the design. Very impressive.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

Are they going to be carried by Bass Pro or Cabelas? I'd like to see them in person once they're on shelves.

Quick Reply: What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.