Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My AlphaMax 35 has arrived..... >

My AlphaMax 35 has arrived.....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My AlphaMax 35 has arrived.....

Old 01-14-2009, 06:33 PM

Default My AlphaMax 35 has arrived.....

Well, it's long anticipated, and it's finally arrived. UPS delivered my AlphaMax 35 to my shop today, which is also the first one we've received. When I took it out of the box, the very first thing I noticed is the weight. Hoyt has defintely shaved off some weight, and it's certainly lighter. The camo finish looks awesome, and the machining is top shelf.

It took me about an hour to set it up and get everything the way I wanted it. When I let the first arrow fly, I literally think my mouth fell open, as did several of the customers as well. I heard almost nothing at the shot. It is, simply, the quietest bow I've ever (not) heard. I've shot the General, and it's DEFINETLY quiet, but the AM35 rivals it for sure. As it should. The riser design is obviously similar.

I knew simply looking at the pictures of the AM it was going to be a pleasure to shoot, and it did not disappoint. Super quiet, and I felt little to nothing in my bow hand. The draw is SUPER smooth, super solid back wall and you don't want to creep, that's for sure. While it's an aggressive cam, it's not so aggressive that it's rough to pull and hold.

I was, however, disappointed with the speeds. My VectrixPlus, at 70#'s was shooting my 480 grain arrow at 292. The AM35, on 72#'s, is shooting the same arrow at 280. Not slow for a heavy arrow, and it is rated 4 fps slower.....I just wasn't expecting to lose that much. I shot a 390 grain arrow at 305, and the bow was equally as quiet. In fact, it seemed to shoot the lighter arrow more consistently, but that may have been the arrow or more likely.....Me.

The bow is also very tunable. I had it shooting bullet holes and drilling X's in about 15 shots. In short, I am quite happy with it indeed. While I am a bit disappointed with the speed, I am certainly not upset about it. I believe I will be much happier with the longer ATA as well, and the lighter weight. In fact, I believe I may have found a bow I will keep for a few years.........LOL....ah, who am I kidding. I'll get a new one in 2010.....But I may just keep the AM35 instead of trading it.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:38 PM

Default RE: My AlphaMax 35 has arrived.....

I'm glad you like your new bow Don! Will you be able to get some pics up soon so we can see this beauty?
Old 01-14-2009, 06:41 PM

Yeah, I'll get some pics of her tomorrow evening and get them posted. I left it at the shop tonight so he can show it to our customers tomorrow.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Banned

Congrats!!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Did you have custom strings on your Vectrix?

That could explain the difference in speed.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Igot my AM35 about two weeks ago. I love this bow!!!! IMHO, this bow has the best of everything.

It has enough weight that it is easy to anchor, but not so heavy that it will wear you out taking it to the stand. I have shot every extreme of weight, from my High Country that weighed in just over 2lbs, to my Katera XL that weighs in at 4.6lbs. The AM35 at 4.1lbs is perfect!

Super quiet, as mobow said, it might the quietest bow Hoyt has ever put out there. This is the one thing I disliked about my Katera XL, it is on the loud side and that has been corrected with the AM35.

Speed wise; it is not as fast as the Kateras, but still plenty quick and the 7" BH make it super easy to shoot.

I honestly think this is the best hunting bow Hoyt has every put on the market!!!! I just wish I did not have to wait 9 month to deer hunt with it.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new bow-

Apparently the AM35 takes a back seat to the AM32 in the speed department for normal draw lengths- has to do with which cam size is on it (#2 or #3). always been an issue with Hoyt cams for me. At my 29"ish AMO draw, I'm too long to get max draw efficency out of the smaller cam (which usually stops at 28-28.5"), so end up going to the next size cam where I'm at the lowest draw lengths and the efficiency is completely out the window. Thats one reason I loved the Redline and Spiral cams most from them- built for max efficiency at each draw length.

I'm gonna give 'em both (32/35) a go tonight for grins and see how they shoot!
Old 01-15-2009, 07:34 AM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Did you have custom strings on your Vectrix?

That could explain the difference in speed.
No. Stock Fuse strings on both. I knew it was going to be a little slower, it's rated 4 fps slower, and the modular adjust cam slow it down a tad. I just didn't expect to lose that much. I'm gonna play around with some arrows tonight and see how it performs. I shot a CX Maxima Hunter out of it last night, and it was 305. It also shot it better.....With my xx78 shot through paper at 10 yards, I had just a slight tear in the paper, about 1/8". The CX shot a PERFECT bullet hole......Anyway, I'm gonna tinker around and see what I can shoot at the speed I want. Still looking like I'll shoot the Aramid, but we'll see.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:34 AM

Cool mo, can't wait to see it up close this spring at a 3d somewhere.

This is the first hoyt I've wanted to try and shoot for awhile, but I'm going to hold off because I might be bringing one home and I can't do that right now.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:36 AM

Just stop guys....it is tearing away at me....I want one (AM32)....lol

I may be able to pick up a good used one this summer for the right price. The 07 lineup (vectrix especially) has really held its value pretty good for some reason. 07 Vectrixs are bringing the same as 08 Kateras still. I think I can upgrade for $200 or less this summer, in which case I will jump ship to an Alphamax.

Quick Reply: My AlphaMax 35 has arrived.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.