Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mathews MONSTER Release ???s >

Mathews MONSTER Release ???s

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews MONSTER Release ???s

Old 01-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mathews MONSTER Release ???s

Alright with all this monster talk and this and that I just want to clear some things up. I shoot a bowtech and by no means am I bashing anything cuz I like mathews bows and they are a great company and I shoot a bow only because of personal shooting preference. I know a guy who works with Matt everyday and sees over all the operations there. I just wanted to clear some things up cuz I see people saying they will be shooting the monster in a week or two and I will tell you thats not going to happen unlesswe see a miracle at mathews. They do not have a bow that even shoots right, they are haveing problems with alot of things, cams limbs... Matt says he can't get it to shoot the way he wants it too (I think its cuz he is use to how a slower smoother solo cam shoots but who knows). Personally I don't think it was a very smart idea to allow orders to be placed on this bow let alone even release the idea to the public. Mathews has thousands of orders for this bow and not even a finished product that shoots yet. Now for the whole speed vs vibration... People want a speed bow so Matt says he wil give you it with the reezen and monster but as a shooter you have to know speed comes with a price. If you can kill whatever you are shooting at every time then great ifyou want a smooth more accurate bow get yourself a solo cam with a good brace hieght cuz thats Mathews pride and joy and what they are known for. As shooters we all need to be happy with what we shoot and that is completely personal preference. If you think the monster is the bow for you then great. I just hope they get it released before they dig a big hole and take a hit for it but the way it sounds it will be awhile before they get the monster they want. Mathews is a great company who makes great equipment. I just wanted to let those who think the monster is in production and will be at their dealers soon that it may be awhile. Although I'm guessing most dealers already know this. We all know the monster is going to shoot like a typical speed bow and has its vibration and accuracy issues so for all those who think this is going to be a miracle smoothest fastest bow ever wake up cuz its not gonna happen and if you think this bow is your style and you know you can kill with it then hang on cuz it will be coming. Good shooting to all. WCL
Old 01-14-2009, 05:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Mathews New bow Release ???s

Good post except,

We all know the monster is going to shoot like a typical speed bow and has its vibration and accuracy issues so
I hate to reiterate this but my 82nd must not be a "typical speed bow" then because it has no vibration and no accuracy issues. One has to be careful at stereotyping every bow in a lumb. Some stand out as the exception.

When I shot my qualifying round at the Harrisburg indoor 3D shoot last winter the buzz in the crowd was around my 82nd. (not me) People could not believe how it was rocking the targets. You'd hear the thud and see the target rock. I almost knocked a strutting turkey off it's base. What people were hub bubin about was they could not believe this was coming from a bow they considered the quietest on the line. (Along side Hoyt, PSE, Mathews)

Speed doesn't always have to come at a price but most of the time it does. I too hope they work things out as they are a good company. The thing that I find amusing is the same guys that have been criticizing the draw force of an 82nd, (Insert speed bow here) will be singing the praises of their Monster because of his brand name.

So far the majority of Reezen reviews have been pretty negative. I hope that changes when they perfect (I hope) the Monster.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I know what your saying about the 82nd. I have heard guys saying how some vibrate and how they are harder to shoot but I would agree with you that is prolly th best shooting speed bow out there. Only thing I have really heard negative about them is the draw cycle. Now with the monster vs the 82nd I dont think it will even compare because the brace hieght and ata length. The monster wont be an 82nd. I didnt really mean to include the 82nd cuz it is an awesome speed bow but I'm sure there is things you notice about it that are less forgiving than a slower smoother drawing bow. If not sorry but thats what i was getting at too is if you shoot a bow great and super accurate great but the next guy might not be able to shoot it like you do and have issues with it. WCL
Old 01-14-2009, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I hate to reiterate this but my 82nd must not be a "typical speed bow" then because it has no vibration and no accuracy issues. One has to be careful at stereotyping every bow in a lumb. Some stand out as the exception.
Yes you are very correct but the Monster IMO is not going to be an exception basing it off the specs. I hate to lump it in with the xforce but its obviouse they are similar and it doesnt look like an 82nd and the xforce has proven to be a "typical speed bow" so... WCL
Old 01-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Spike

i don't agree with what you said about the x force being a typical speed bow i dont know about the x force6 but the dream season is a great bow to shoot now i'm not real good at picking up vibration in a bow so i can't really judge thatbut my uncle has robin hooded arrows and damaged fletching using it so it can't have to many accuracy issues because he brought it out and i was shooting at our target and wasgetting a great grouping with it and it was the first time i had shot out of it.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ozbowhunter15

i don't agree with what you said about the x force being a typical speed bow i dont know about the x force6 but the dream season is a great bow to shoot now i'm not real good at picking up vibration in a bow so i can't really judge thatbut my uncle has robin hooded arrows and damaged fletching using it so it can't have to many accuracy issues because he brought it out and i was shooting at our target and wasgetting a great grouping with it and it was the first time i had shot out of it.
No offense but that is kind of a arrogant statement. You can take a good majority of bows on the market off the shelf get the accesories put on them and throw out great groups right off the bat if you know anything about shooting and form. Robin hoods are great and that is definitley a sign that you are shooting good but from 15 to 30 yards thats not too tough to do really. At least it's not too hard to screw up fletchings and and bust off nocks. That's why most targets have multiple spots to shoot at. I can't shoot at the same spot more than once or I get that from anywhere from 0 to 50 yards. Neither can most guys. The bottom line here is that you should find a bow that fits you and that you truely love to shoot. Find something you know you can pick up and hit your spot from anywhere in your range. I'm just saying that it's not really fair to compare bows unless your using a hooter shooter with massive diagnostics on a lot of different models. That is the only true way to compare. Other than that it's all personal opinion! And that's fine I always put in my personal opinion!

Good shooting.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right, and whats the weight of the 82nd.. I happen to notice they leave that off of their specs on the site. Wonder why.

The more weight, the less likely it will be to jump.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:41 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: bowtech die hard

ORIGINAL: ozbowhunter15

No offense but that is kind of a arrogant statement. You can take a good majority of bows on the market off the shelf get the accesories put on them and throw out great groups right off the bat if you know anything about shooting and form. Robin hoods are great and that is definitley a sign that you are shooting good but from 15 to 30 yards thats not too tough to do really. At least it's not too hard to screw up fletchings and and bust off nocks. That's why most targets have multiple spots to shoot at. I can't shoot at the same spot more than once or I get that from anywhere from 0 to 50 yards. Neither can most guys. The bottom line here is that you should find a bow that fits you and that you truely love to shoot. Find something you know you can pick up and hit your spot from anywhere in your range. I'm just saying that it's not really fair to compare bows unless your using a hooter shooter with massive diagnostics on a lot of different models. That is the only true way to compare. Other than that it's all personal opinion! And that's fine I always put in my personal opinion!

Good shooting.
yeah i know what you mean but im sick of people getting on here and saying that speed bow's are useless and that they arent accurate without buying one setting it up to shoot and finding out first hand what they are like to shoot. i have seen my uncle shoot a 3 arrows in a 4'' group at 60 yards but that can't be true because he's usinga speed bow mmm strange although he isn't what you would call a bad shot actually he could have made it to the olympics when he was younger for archery but he didn't have the money coming from a big family withoutalot of money.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

I been around bows for a long time, and I've never seen Mathews put out a bow that wasen't top notch. Better for them to work bugs out if (if that's truly what they are doing) than to ship thousands of them out to be recalled right ??

Seems to be a lot of "brand loyalists" are really talking up a storm about this bow. Seems like guys are afraid, that when this bow hits the market, it will be THE BOW to shoot, and they may have to swallow their smack talkand realize Mathews is still the big player in the bow industry.

I follow a few archery boards, and it amazes me how many people will take time and effort out of their day to write something negative about something that they haven't seen or layed hands on yet.

Doesn't matter when it comes out. It'll sell like a demon, and it'll be one helluva piece of equipment like everything else Mathew builds. I don't even like them, and I can't wait to shoot it.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wingchaser_labs
I hate to lump it in with the xforce but its obviouse they are similar and it doesnt look like an 82nd and the xforce has proven to be a "typical speed bow" so... WCL
Have you shot an X-force dream season , really pisses me when people slate the X-force ( IMO you are including all X-force by saying that ) . I've owned mine for 12 months and think its quiet , accurate and reliable and a definate keeper . If you are refering to the 6" brace model , then say so . I have not heard anybody say that the dream season bow is crap yet .

Quick Reply: Mathews MONSTER Release ???s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.