Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What would you rather have in a bow? >

What would you rather have in a bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you rather have in a bow?

Old 01-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What would you rather have in a bow?

Simple Mathews Dxt,

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

I guess Ill call this part 2 of my "head to head" challenge/decision of a DXT or AlphaMax 32. Many have helped me not too long ago trying to decide between these two, but still have no made the choice. From what I felt, the DXT had absolutely no hand shock, while the AM32 had very little. But the AM32 felt a little better/solid when fully drawn back. I figure with a stabalizer, that little hand shock would disappear.

My question to you is, what would you rather have in a bow, the benefit of having no hand shock, or little hand shock and a very nice, solid "feel" at full draw?

I appreciate any input on this considering $1200 (potentially) is a lot of money to spend. Thanks guys.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dozen Arrows

Personally, I would not by either one of the two bows that you mentioned. I would wait if I were you and pick up a new Bowtech.
Im not a Bowtech guy and wont consider any of them. They just dont fit my hands right.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you can't decide,just wait,save,buy them both
Old 01-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually went and shot them again today (including the BT Admiral, which I didnt like), and hated to do it but eliminated the AM32 and entered in the Reezen. The AM32 seemed to go with the smallest amount of creeping which I didnt like. A lot of people say the Reezen has too much vibration, but coming from a 6 year old PSE Firestorm, every bow these days feels shock free to me. I thought the Reezen shot very well, pretty darn close to the DXT, and they only wanted $20 more than the DXT! Im deciding between the DXT and Reezen now. Man this is tough!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

ORIGINAL: bowtech die hard
See I don't agree. You are FEELING shock AFTER your arrow is gone, but that shock actually occurs upon release, what do you think causes any noise at all? it's the vibration. You are talking about anticipating the noise from the shot. Noise is caused by vibration. Vibration causes loss in accuracy. I thought that was pretty commonly known.
Agreeing or not doesn't change the fact that the reaction can't occur until the action has happened. The action in this case is the string going through its firing cycle. The string and limbs overshoot the static state as the arrow is propelled off the string, the string and limbs thenoscillate back and forth aound their static position until they come to rest. What you're feeling as hand shock is that oscillation. The arrow has to be gone before the oscillation begins because the first stroke (wave) in the oscillation is the one that launches the arrow. The amplitude of the oscillation is determined by the amount of latent (not transfered) energy in the system. Likewise, the noise isn't generated at release it's generated by the expulsion of that latent energy in the system that occursat the time the arrowleaves the string. Similar occurance with a rifle, the report isn't generated at the time the trigger is pulled, it's generated when the bullet and gases exit the bore.

If hand shock caused poor accuracy no compound shooter would have ever killed a deer 15 years ago and no longbow shooter would ever hit the broad side of a barn much less an aspirin tossed into the air.
OK, i'm picking up what you're throwing down now. I better understand. And yes that was a pretty good lesson in the physics of it all lol. Well said. I suppose I never really thought of it that way.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

See I don't agree. You are FEELING shock AFTER your arrow is gone, but that shock actually occurs upon release, what do you think causes any noise at all? it's the vibration. You are talking about anticipating the noise from the shot. Noise is caused by vibration. Vibration causes loss in accuracy. I thought that was pretty commonly known.
Agreeing or not doesn't change the fact that the reaction can't occur until the action has happened. The action in this case is the string going through its firing cycle. The string and limbs overshoot the static state as the arrow is propelled off the string, the string and limbs thenoscillate back and forth aound their static position until they come to rest. What you're feeling as hand shock is that oscillation. The arrow has to be gone before the oscillation begins because the first stroke (wave) in the oscillation is the one that launches the arrow. The amplitude of the oscillation is determined by the amount of latent (not transfered) energy in the system. Likewise, the noise isn't generated at release it's generated by the expulsion of that latent energy in the system that occursat the time the arrowleaves the string. Similar occurance with a rifle, the report isn't generated at the time the trigger is pulled, it's generated when the bullet and gases exit the bore.

If hand shock caused poor accuracy no compound shooter would have ever killed a deer 15 years ago and no longbow shooter would ever hit the broad side of a barn much less an aspirin tossed into the air.
OK, i'm picking up what you're throwing down now. I better understand. And yes that was a pretty good lesson in the physics of it all lol. Well said. I suppose I never really thought of it that way.
good to see we all learned something here

Dont feel bad for eliminating the AM, if you liked the mathews better, then you should buy a mathews. Between the reezen and the dxt, i would have to go with the DXT for hunting only, and the reezen for a dual purpose fun bow. Teh dxt's advantages are greater for hunting. Smoooooooth draw and short ATA with plenty of speed. Its one helluva bow imo. When i shot the reezen i felt alot of imperfections, but at the same time, i seemed to shoot it pretty well, and it pushed the arrows good.

Good luck
derek
Old 01-18-2009, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drockw

good to see we all learned something here

Dont feel bad for eliminating the AM, if you liked the mathews better, then you should buy a mathews. Between the reezen and the dxt, i would have to go with the DXT for hunting only, and the reezen for a dual purpose fun bow. Teh dxt's advantages are greater for hunting. Smoooooooth draw and short ATA with plenty of speed. Its one helluva bow imo. When i shot the reezen i felt alot of imperfections, but at the same time, i seemed to shoot it pretty well, and it pushed the arrows good.

Good luck
derek
One thing thats keeping the Reezen in this competition is the fact that its faster and with my small draw length (26.5"-27") it might make up for that lost speed. I mean, at 27"/60# with the DXT can I get higher than 224fps that im getting with my current bow?