Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What would you rather have in a bow? >

What would you rather have in a bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you rather have in a bow?

Old 01-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What would you rather have in a bow?

I guess Ill call this part 2 of my "head to head" challenge/decision of a DXT or AlphaMax 32. Many have helped me not too long ago trying to decide between these two, but still have no made the choice. From what I felt, the DXT had absolutely no hand shock, while the AM32 had very little. But the AM32 felt a little better/solid when fully drawn back. I figure with a stabalizer, that little hand shock would disappear.

My question to you is, what would you rather have in a bow, the benefit of having no hand shock, or little hand shock and a very nice, solid "feel" at full draw?

I appreciate any input on this considering $1200 (potentially) is a lot of money to spend. Thanks guys.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:18 PM

Default RE: What would you rather have in a bow?

Hand shock is an after effect that has no effect on the shot itself while having a solid/ comfortable for you feel at the wall may have a very dramatic effect on how you execute the shot. Go for the one that feels best during the shot execution not after it!
Old 01-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seems like you have it narrowed down real good. I guess it would really be about what you want in a bow. They both sound good.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

SOLID wall, absolute solid wall!

Quiet, noise free

Smooth, semi smooth draw.

hand shock, somewhat irrelevant but that comes in the way of noise.

Speed, not necessary but if you get speed with all the above, bonus.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be shooting them one more time before I choose, but that is whats gonna really be the tie breaker right there. Keep in mind, this is what I thought of the two bows, one might think different.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

SOLID wall, absolute solid wall!

Quiet, noise free

Smooth, semi smooth draw.

hand shock, somewhat irrelevant but that comes in the way of noise.

Speed, not necessary but if you get speed with all the above, bonus.
This is great advice. Exactly the order I would rate them as well. Hand shock doesn't mean much to me.

Good luck with your choice, you can't loose with either decision between those two, thats for sure.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:40 PM

I know nothing of the Alpha, but I have shot a DXT and it was awesome. I like a lighter bow, Hoyts have always been sort of heavy to me, but that's why they last and are so durable...the dxt should have a very smooth draw and no vibration...but in the end, how much of any of that are you going to actually notice when you shoot a deer?? go with the bow that you shoot the best...which one is more accurate and allows you to have more room for shooter error.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well if a solid wall is the #1 rating, I would give the AM32 the nod, cuz when I was at full draw, there was absolutely NO movement. From what I remember, with the AM32, I felt at full draw as if I could aim and shoot more accurately. The problem is, with bow of those bows, they werent set to my draw length or anything, so it was kinda just pull back and hit the target and go from there.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive shot both, loved both. The DXT is one of my favorite mathews and i almost bought one when they first came out but BT's General shocked me and i bought it, but anyways... thats another story all together.

I would rather have a better feeling/balancing, more forgiving bow hands down. Hand shock is just a feeling. It is no measure of performance. Ever shot a tuned pro elite??? They have handshock and they are oneof the best target bows ever period...

derek
Old 01-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

Hand shock is an after effect that has no effect on the shot itself while having a solid/ comfortable for you feel at the wall may have a very dramatic effect on how you execute the shot. Go for the one that feels best during the shot execution not after it!
yea..what Rob said

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.