Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wild animal - Captured! (updated p. 5) >

Wild animal - Captured! (updated p. 5)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wild animal - Captured! (updated p. 5)

Old 01-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wild animal - Captured!

Greg you're supposed to poke holes in the box.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Greg you're supposed to poke holes in the box.
They told me to keep it in a DARK place!! [:-]
Old 01-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Before putting in box........

After.....

Old 01-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I ran over a great horned owl when I was a teenager driving the gravel roads in the bottoms.It was just standing in the road and I didn't see it untill it was too late.We thought it was dead but after closer examination saw some movement.[]We knew a lady in town that took care of these kinds of birds so we gathered it up and wrapped it in a sweatshirt.We started to town with it and about halfway there it started smacking it's beak.It then got really pissed and decided he didn't like being wrapped up in the shirt,[]so he proceeded to flap his wings until they were free.My buddy had it's feet bound with the sweatshirt and had a death grip and it never got loose but it did hit me in the head with his wings as I was driving[&:],my friend did manage to regain controll of him.

So we get to town and she wasn't home so we went over to the skating rink[8D],where we liked to hang out at the time and did a little show and tell,then we figured he was doing fine so we let him go,he flew off and seemed to be fine.BUT,I bet he was lost.

That isn't nearly as interesting as the pet one that lived in our neighborhood as kids. I have no idea who had it but when we would walk down the street at night it would fly with us as we walked and swoop our heads.One night I went up to a friend's house and he took a bath towel (thick)and put it on is arm and placed some raw meat on it,the bird landed on his arm and ate it.[] I couldn't believe it,and still wouldn't if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.Later we found out that it was a captive bird that had gotten loose.It ended up at the zoo but that was a really cool experience.

Blood,I resemble those remarks.[8D]

Sorry that it died but atleast you tried.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a shame, that was one cool looking bird.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

I have a cousin who does taxidermy in MI and he gets things like that dropped off all the time. i am not sure if its legal but knowing him he would not take it if he could not. call one and ask.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lifesadrag

Before putting in box........

After.....

rotflmfao!!!! I couldn't handle that. I laughed so loud my neighbors in the upstairs apartment came down to see if I was ok!!!! LMAO!!!!!! That seriously had me in tears!
Old 01-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

All kidding aside, i am 99% sure that without a permit, it is Illegal to possess ANY part of a bird of prey.

Schools and museums get the permits fairly easy: average joes do not.

The LACY (LACEY?) act is a bitch, you DO NOT want to run afoul of it. they will wreck your life if you get some overzealous agent. be carefull.

And good job on trying to help the bird. he was a beauty!
Old 01-16-2009, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's a Federal offense to keep the bird or any part of it.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Did you ever feed the thing. With the cold and all that I suspect energy and water would have been helpful.

Quick Reply: Wild animal - Captured! (updated p. 5)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.