Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Summit Clearshot? >

Summit Clearshot?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Summit Clearshot?

Old 01-14-2009, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Summit Clearshot?

Any one ever hear of these? It looks just like a Coperhead but in a climber version. I seen it at Gander last nite for $169. I have never heard of them. Summit doesnt even have them on their website.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Summit Clearshot?

And?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Might be something that Summit makes exclusively for Gander Mountain. I've never heard of it.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

No one has heard of this model huh? Probly means I dont want it either.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

Summit stoped making it 2 years ago . that is why they don't have it on the website anymore . It is a great stand for bowhunting .
Old 01-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Banned

Here ya go....doesnt look like anything I would want. LW handclimber...4" thick..quiet..rock solid..u get what u pay 4 Yea..it looks like a copperhead with a upper climber. I told TeeJay I had a Copperhead and I loved it until cold weather came in...this stand would creak and moan and I couldn't silent it no matter what...sold it...u guys have any issues wit the copperhead?

http://www.summitstands.com/catalog.aspx?catid=ClearShot
Old 01-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Here ya go....doesnt look like anything I would want. LW handclimber...4" thick..quiet..rock solid..u get what u pay 4 Yea..it looks like a copperhead with a upper climber. I told TeeJay I had a Copperhead and I loved it until cold weather came in...this stand would creak and moan and I couldn't silent it no matter what...sold it...u guys have any issues wit the copperhead?

Well...I love to get what I pay for and hate to pay double for what I get.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

So you have used them?

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

Well...I love to get what I pay for and hate to pay double for what I get.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's the beauty of being an American, choice or shall I say opinion...

I have owned the Summit "open shot" for 3 years flawlessly!
As far as the "copy" of a copperhead, if I'm reading you correctly, I can not comment.
But the Summit "open shot" is my favorite stand and have owned many brands over the course of 15 years.

I actually brought my L.W. back to trade for this Summit.
The L.W., for some reason, would never stay latched on the seat part of the climber.
I deemed it to be unsafe, of course, and even tried wrapping wire around the latches so it wouldn't pop the mechanism.
I have never found anyone with this problem before, on the L.W., but for the steep price tag, I didn't want to modify their precious design.
So I just brought it back for an upgrade.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

No I have not used the Clearshot TeeJay. I usedtheLW handclimber for two years, then Iupgraded to the Summit Openshot. The Openshot is the best climber (for bow hunting) I've ever used.

Quick Reply: Summit Clearshot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.