Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Wensel brothers >

The Wensel brothers

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Wensel brothers

Old 01-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The Wensel brothers

The Wensel Bros are the real deal! And that Roger Rothhaar (I believe that's how his name is spelled) ain't no joke either. These guys are BIG buck killers!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

And that Roger Rothhaar (I believe that's how his name is spelled) ain't no joke either.
Is he the guy who Invented the Snuffers? I have older packages of Snuffer's that say Rothhaar on them. Not sure on the spelling either Jeff!!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the October Whitetails. Love it. Kinda reminds me a little of the BloodBrothers style. (Except for the Trad part) I love any videos/people who are willing to teach something of value concerning bowhunting. So many TV Stars out there that learned from these guys and never give them the credit they deserve.

LT
Old 01-15-2009, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hard not to hold these guy's in high regard! I have all of Gene's books. They approach it the right way.I met them quite a few years ago at an outdoor expo.Very friendly,Barry looked like he was up to some thing even then.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yup, why anyone wouldnt like these guys, would be hard to understand.. I grew up with Gene and Barry, beings that they lived just about 4 hours from my place, they were the ONLY guys I knew of that published quality whitetail bowhunting info on hunting the kinds of terrain and habitat I hunt. Norther Western Montana (not mistaken for central and eastern montana much different)is a lot like Northern Idaho, so I would watch everything they produced back in the day and read all their articles and the books they were featured in.. Like the old classic, "Whitetails BowhuntingMasters"
Old 01-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yup, why anyone wouldnt like these guys, would be hard to understand..
Exactly Troy!
Old 01-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Typical Buck

I can't imagine how may hunting videos ( now DVD's ) I have watched in my lifetime, but Bowhunting Oct. Whitetails I and II are still my favorite of all. I love it when Barry shoots the buck ( the one that is blind in one eye) that they moved with a 2 man drive. It is the most amazing shot I have ever seen on video. It is running full speed by him, and he pulls up his recurve and drill it right behind the shoulder. An amazing shot. Then when they recover the deer, Rick Blase(sp?) is just drooling over it being such a perfect shot, and Barry says no it wasn't, I was about an inch off. Then they started making fun of the fact the deer was blind in one eye and that is how he got it. There was some hilarious stuff in those videos. Anyone who has seen them will never eat a watermelon without snickering ever agin.
I met Gene at a Whitetails Unlimited seminar in Ft. Wayne , Ind. about 18 or so years ago. It was incredible. That guy gave great tips and info, but man he had the place rolling in laughter all night. He had a story about using ziplock baggies to pee in that was hilarious.
Afterwards I bought his book Bowhunting Rutting Whitetails ( great book) and a Whitetails Unltd. hat to have him sign. I was alot younger then, and kinda in awe of him. I asked for a hat, and he said "What size?". I stood there like ,UH UH... and he started lauging and said, they only come in one size ya dumb ass!!! Everyone around was cracking up , including him. He signed the book and the hat, and when I went to pay, he only charged me for the book and said that the hat was on him. He said the kick he got out of the look on my face was worth the price of the hat. We talked a while then and he was really a cool and down to earth guy.
I agree that some of these yahoos on video and TV need to watch footage of these guys. Class acts all the way.
Also, Primal Dreams was one incredible DVD. It definitely captured the whole essence of hunting.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Proff

I can't imagine how may hunting videos ( now DVD's ) I have watched in my lifetime, but Bowhunting Oct. Whitetails I and II are still my favorite of all. I love it when Barry shoots the buck ( the one that is blind in one eye) that they moved with a 2 man drive. It is the most amazing shot I have ever seen on video. It is running full speed by him, and he pulls up his recurve and drill it right behind the shoulder. An amazing shot. Then when they recover the deer, Rick Blase(sp?) is just drooling over it being such a perfect shot, and Barry says no it wasn't, I was about an inch off. Then they started making fun of the fact the deer was blind in one eye and that is how he got it. There was some hilarious stuff in those videos. Anyone who has seen them will never eat a watermelon without snickering ever agin.
I met Gene at a Whitetails Unlimited seminar in Ft. Wayne , Ind. about 18 or so years ago. It was incredible. That guy gave great tips and info, but man he had the place rolling in laughter all night. He had a story about using ziplock baggies to pee in that was hilarious.
Afterwards I bought his book Bowhunting Rutting Whitetails ( great book) and a Whitetails Unltd. hat to have him sign. I was alot younger then, and kinda in awe of him. I asked for a hat, and he said "What size?". I stood there like ,UH UH... and he started lauging and said, they only come in one size ya dumb ass!!! Everyone around was cracking up , including him. He signed the book and the hat, and when I went to pay, he only charged me for the book and said that the hat was on him. He said the kick he got out of the look on my face was worth the price of the hat. We talked a while then and he was really a cool and down to earth guy.
I agree that some of these yahoos on video and TV need to watch footage of these guys. Class acts all the way.
Also, Primal Dreams was one incredible DVD. It definitely captured the whole essence of hunting.
You lucky **** Proff!!! I'm jealous!! That watermelon part rocks, I forgot all about that part!!

Great post!!
Old 01-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I have all but given up on hunting videos. I occasionaly turn to the Outdoor channel or MAn channel as it was called at one time on Direct TV. When its a hunting show and not some infomercial its cut up with 90 percent comercials. It drives me crazy to watch a guy in a tree stand or stalking finaly seeing an animal coming in then cut to 2-3 minutes of comercials, come back and rerun most of the footage and talk about it or have loud music blaring over it, then the shot ......and break for another 2-3 minutes of comercials. Then back from the break and another replay maybe and a couple minutes of the comercials again.........BY this time I'm agrevated and have the channel changed and end up missing alot.

I haven't seen The Wensel's videos but I know about them from Trad gang. I'd like to see them sometime. The rest are too far gone for me. The Truth series used to be good.. no music over and I could ignore what advertizing they pushed on you....but like I said thats along time ago. ....
Old 01-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Another one that cracked me up was when he was having a discussion with Cuz about the proper pronunciation of Acorn. He was saying it WASN'T "A-kern" as Cuz wanted it to be. It was simply A-corn. He finished with something along the lines of.... "and we're have Kern on the Cob tonight for dinner". LOL

Quick Reply: The Wensel brothers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.