HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/282574-do-you-wear-odor-eliminating-clothing.html)

JeffB 01-14-2009 04:11 AM

Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

when hunting that is?

If so, do you feel it makes a difference?

PreacherTony 01-14-2009 04:14 AM

RE: Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

You need a choice for, No I don't wear it ....

JeffB 01-14-2009 04:16 AM

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

That would be the second choice - "Nope, expensive gimmick" (whether you think it's a gimmick or not)

Western MA Hunter 01-14-2009 04:23 AM

I wear it... can't hurt, right?...

daveyrock 01-14-2009 04:26 AM

I don't wear all out scent eliminating clothing, that being said I have certain clothing that is so called scent eliminating, but I just wear it because it is comfortable and they generally are my base layers...so I guess my answer is yes and no.

Cougar Mag 01-14-2009 04:40 AM

I do wear the basic shirt, pants, and socks from X-Scent. Not at all expensive and do feel it helps to some degree. But there is absolutely nothing out there that will fool a deer's nose.

MGH_PA 01-14-2009 04:48 AM

I don't wear scent control clothing, but I practice scent controls with the clothing I do own. Everything is washed with scent free detergent, dried with a scent free dryer sheet, then sprayed down regularly with scent spray while being stored in a scent free container. No scent control method is entirely full proof, but every little bit helps IMHO.

im ocd 01-15-2009 02:53 AM

I typically wear two, a Scent Lock Base Layer and a Scent Lock suit over that.

MeanV2 01-15-2009 03:42 AM

Yep, I wear it! It's a part of my strict scent control regiment.

I've had far less Deer scent me the last few years with it than before I used it. Besides Scent Blocker makes some quality clothes with great features.

All quality clothes are expensive but well worth the $$ in my experience.

Dan

PreacherTony 01-15-2009 03:56 AM

ORIGINAL: JeffB

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

That would be the second choice - "Nope, expensive gimmick" (whether you think it's a gimmick or not)
Nah ... I have no opinion on the gimmick part ...... so I will put a write in ballot for "I don't use it"