If so, do you feel it makes a difference?" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing? >

Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Old 01-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

How many of you can prove your scent control regimen works? If so, how did you prove it?

I learned something recently. "If a deer is close enough to smell anything human or different about you or your clothes, that deer can smell you."

How much he cares is up to that deer. You ain't foolin him.

LT

Old 01-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

How many of you can prove your scent control regimen works? If so, how did you prove it?

I learned something recently. "If a deer is close enough to smell anything human or different about you or your clothes, that deer can smell you."

LT
Time for the," I had a deer ONE time downwind of me and he didn't bust so I know my carbon clothing snake oil works." Come on guys...u know u want to make this post.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

LT
When it comes to the scent control regimen I use. I Do Not have to prove anything. I have learned what is the most effective for me where I hunt. I have hunted using and not using a lot of different methods. Scent control is not just one or 2 things. If you think the strength of scent does Not make a difference, well then..........................................

You don't hunt where I do!

I've experienced Elk in Wilderness situations and they react differently to scent than Whitetails in rural midwestern areas.

My time! My money!

Dan
Old 01-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use scent blocker and i think it helps somewhat. The reason i say this is when i got my scent blocker suit it came with a little scratch and sniff thingthat smelled kinda like vicks. It had a peice of scent blocker fabricstapled on top of it and when the fabric was on top of the scratch and sniff you couldn't smell it, so that means it's gotta work somewhat right?
Old 01-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you think the strength of scent does Not make a difference, well then..........................................
Like I posted above Dan, it matters only to the deer it matters to. You ain't foolin none of 'em. If you think the strength of your scent matters, well maybe to "a" certain deer, but not "all" deer. I still say you ain't foolin a mature buck at close range without the wind in your favor. Just ain't happenin'.

LT
Old 01-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you think the strength of scent does Not make a difference, well then..........................................
Like I posted above Dan, it matters only to the deer it matters to. You ain't foolin none of 'em. If you think the strength of your scent matters, well maybe to "a" certain deer, but not "all" deer. I still say you ain't foolin a mature buck at close range without the wind in your favor. Just ain't happenin'.

LT
You think what you want! It only takes about 5 seconds or less to shoot. My Muley I killed wasdownwind, but I'm sure the air was going up or turning or something

He stopped as if to check something out, too late Game over[8D]

Several Does and smaller Bucks had went the same trail that morning without any type of reaction.

I was sure glad he stopped. It made the Shot a Slam Dunk!!

Dan
Old 01-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

LT
When it comes to the scent control regimen I use. I Do Not have to prove anything. I have learned what is the most effective for me where I hunt. I have hunted using and not using a lot of different methods. Scent control is not just one or 2 things. If you think the strength of scent does Not make a difference, well then..........................................

I've experienced Elk in Wilderness situations and they react differently to scent than Whitetails in rural midwestern areas.

My time! My money!

Dan
I just want to know if I follow Scent Blockers advise and "Just 4get the wind and hunt" is true. Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

And that my friend is the "luck" part of the hunt. I digress.

LT
Old 01-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Banned

And that my friend is the "luck" part of the hunt. I digress.

LT
Yea..and muleys are stupid. I went to high school in western NE and mulies are not bright. hence the Double Bull blind guys will tell you that you don't need to brush in a blind for them. Whitetails and the blind brushed in and they still snort and run away.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

LT

My time! My money!

Dan
I just want to know if I follow Scent Blockers advise and "Just 4get the wind and hunt" is true. Inquiring minds want to know.
HCH.. are Chevy's really "like a rock".

Is Pepsi.. "the choice of a new generation".

And was it necessary for them to only show a 15 second clip of that hottie who sang in her bikini on American Idol?

Point is.. "Forget the wind, just hunt".. that's just a slogan.

There is no point to this post really.. I'm just bored.

Quick Reply: Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.