If so, do you feel it makes a difference?" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing? >

Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Old 01-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

ORIGINAL: GregH

ORIGINAL: shed33

Yeah Greg if I hunted the ground you do, I probably wouldnt worry aboutscent controlmuch, just play the predictable winds. Wind is always the best way that's forsure. Hunting the kind of terrain I do here, you'd pull your hair out trying to find a consistent wind for more than 30 minutes. When I was out at Tims hunting flat ground it was a treat to get to hunt winds that stayed consistent for hours.
So what are you saying!!??

My ground is so simple to hunt that no skill is required? Maybe you wish that you had it as easy as I? Or maybe, it's just not challenging enough to be fufilling where I hunt??!!

Gee Troy, I never thought that you'd jump on that band wagon!
Gotta love that this guy thinks everyone is either for or against him. Like it's some sorta conspiracy.

Stay humble Greg.

I'm just surprised you did not show a pic or two of you. You know.. that way we remember who you are.

Nobody (as usual) is trying to knock you Greg. Different places we all hunt and different opinions on how to do it.. that's all.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Yeah Greg if I hunted the ground you do, I probably wouldnt worry about scent control much, just play the predictable winds. Wind is always the best way that's forsure. Hunting the kind of terrain I do here, you'd pull your hair out trying to find a consistent wind for more than 30 minutes. When I was out at Tims hunting flat ground it was a treat to get to hunt winds that stayed consistent for hours.

My ground is so simple to hunt that no skill is required? Maybe you wish that you had it as easy as I? Or maybe, it's just not challenging enough to be fufilling where I hunt??!!

Gotta love that this guy thinks everyone is either for or against him. Like it's some sorta conspiracy.

Stay humble Greg.

I'm just surprised you did not show a pic or two of you. You know.. that way we remember who you are.

Nobody (as usual) is trying to knock you Greg. Different places we all hunt and different opinions on how to do it.. that's all.
Doof, you antagonistic POS. My post was directed at Shed, not you. Pull your head out of your posterior and....understand things before reacting. If any of my posts are not directed toward you, stay out. With your comprehension barely at grade school level, having any conversation with you is almost impossible.

Please....MYOB.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Call me dumb or what ever, but something has always made me wonder. Ok, so you wear all of the scent lock stuff, and then you spray down with scent killer. Is this not defeating the purpose?
Old 01-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

That would depend on what the "purpose" was.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

Call me dumb or what ever, but something has always made me wonder. Ok, so you wear all of the scent lock stuff, and then you spray down with scent killer. Is this not defeating the purpose?

Most scent control clothing with which I've dealt says specifically in the instructions NOT to spray down with scent killer as it disables the carbon from absorbing scent or something along those lines. Most people who do spray down don't spray their clothes merely their hands, boots, pack, etc.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nope! Is taking a bath in unscented soap defeating the purpose?, using unscented deodorant? etc., etc.

Dan
Old 01-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

Most scent control clothing with which I've dealt says specifically in the instructions NOT to spray down with scent killer as it disables the carbon from absorbing scent or something along those lines. Most people who do spray down don't spray their clothes merely their hands, boots, pack, etc.
The outer fabric has no carbon in it. Hopefully nobody gets it that wet[8D]

Carbon clothing is Adsorbing not absorbing.

There is a difference

Dan
Old 01-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doof, you antagonistic POS. My
post was directed at Shed, not you. Pull your head out of your
posterior and....understand things before reacting. If any of my posts
are not directed toward you, stay out. With your comprehension barely
at grade school level, having any conversation with you is almost
impossible.
Please....MYOB.
hahaha, I just read that very impressive

MeanV2, Thanks for pointing that, I had definitely been using the wrong word all this time[]

Old 01-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Yeah Greg if I hunted the ground you do, I probably wouldnt worry aboutscent controlmuch, just play the predictable winds. Wind is always the best way that's forsure. Hunting the kind of terrain I do here, you'd pull your hair out trying to find a consistent wind for more than 30 minutes. When I was out at Tims hunting flat ground it was a treat to get to hunt winds that stayed consistent for hours.

Stay humble Greg.

Doof, you antagonistic POS. My post was directed at Shed, not you. Pull your head out of your posterior and....understand things before reacting. If any of my posts are not directed toward you, stay out. With your comprehension barely at grade school level, having any conversation with you is almost impossible.

Please....MYOB.
I love this dude.

Keep it real Greg.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Spike

don't wear it because i don't feel i need to all my hunting is spot and stalk so i just get the wind right and try to be as quiet as possible actually i do not do anything to control scent my camo is kept in a drawer with the rest of my clothes i do wash them in baking sodai use normal deodorant normal soap normal shampoo but i still get close enough to animals to kill them.

Quick Reply: Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.