If so, do you feel it makes a difference?" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing? >

Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Old 01-15-2009, 05:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: JeffB

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

You need a choice for, No I don't wear it ....
That would be the second choice - "Nope, expensive gimmick" (whether you think it's a gimmick or not)
Nah ... I have no opinion on the gimmick part ...... so I will put a write in ballot for "I don't use it"
I'll 2nd that one Tony! "I don't use It".
Old 01-15-2009, 05:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

I use it. It's excellent clothing and if it works 1% then all the better. Mentally it keeps me in the game as well.

I really don't care to hear if it works or not. It's my money, my choice and my hunt.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer
I really don't care to hear if it works or not. It's my money, my choice and my hunt.
Easy there fella, I was jes askin!
Old 01-15-2009, 06:08 AM
Banned

Nope...no cover scents, urines, lures, either. Just hunt with the wind in my favor.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you guys wear a base layer, you should buy one extra set, get some Medalist or X-Scent, don't expect anything except a moisture wicking base layer out of them, but don't wash them until you smell them. Compare them to any other regular base layer, and then let me know what you think. $40 for a set when on sale is a bargain, because Under Armour is quite a bit more expensive, and doesn't have the same scent suppression properties. The stuff Wal-Mart, Meijers, and K-Mart sell is similar, and had the same odor eliminating technology. And right now you could probably get a set on clearance for $20 if you looked around. I have the BEST scent-locker or whatever you'd like to call it suit in the world, in a military chem suit, and it still has some effectiveness left in it after 10 yrs, but it's just too damned heavy and hot with a CRAPPY camo pattern to get much use out of. Great for winter hunting, but beyond that, I get little use out of it.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:49 AM
Typical Buck

I used to wear Scentlok but never found it tomake a differenceso I don't buy that stuff anymore.

I thinkthe technologymay work toSOME degree when the suitsare new but their effectiveness seems to wear off pretty quick.

You still need to play the wind whether you wear one of these suits or not.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:00 AM
Bartender

Yep as a base layer
Old 01-15-2009, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

Do not wear it and go the cheaper route with scent-away spray.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

The better question would be "why do you wear it"? A couple have weighed in their "opinions", but it has been proven ScentLok does not work as advertised. Can not be reactivated. All the other "It's quality clothing" remarks is feasible I guess, if you want to spend your money on it. It is your money, your hunt, as Rob stated. I personally have tried the ScentLok. Complete from head to toe, as well as the BaseSlayers, along with the Scent Killer Spray. I say Bull-hockey. I have also used other brands as well. I say, Bull-hockey. I will be using 3 things from now on. 1. Scent-free soap/shampoo. 2. Homemade scent killer only when I think it's absolutely neccesary.(Contaminated clothing/equip.3. The wind.

I started out with the strict scent control regimen. It really gets to be a pain and at this point in my life, I just do not have time for it. Sometimes I get home at 4:30 in the evening and have an hour left to hunt. If I have a good wind, I am going hunting. I do not have time to waste on showering, spraying down, ect. I will put on my hunting clothes that have been hanging outdoors (Washed in Baking Soda), and go hunting. Simple.

LT
Old 01-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

No. As long as I wear fresh hunting clothes each hunt(especially if I hang dry them outside in the wind)I feel really good about my scent control. Combine that with working the wind and bingo, that is good as you can get. I am not making fun of others that wear it as the clothing looks comfortable...and heck it may even work. I just didn't get into it and I am not the type of person that has the desire to take care of that type of clothing and pay that much money. Most all of my hunting clothes probably add up to the costs of just one of those ScentLok jackets.

Quick Reply: Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.