If so, do you feel it makes a difference?" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing? >

Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Old 01-16-2009, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Also, to whoever said that you can't prove if scent control helps. You're right, you can't. But you sure as hell can't say that it hurts.
It was never implied that it hurts.Even though I will be clean, I am not going to bathe in peroxide from Oct. to Jan.It just takes way more time and I value my time.

Can you prove playing the wind always works?
Not always, but you can always bet that ScentLok will never work as advertised.

LT
Old 01-16-2009, 05:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

It takes extra time to hunt the wind?
I don't have dozens of stands on each farm. So I can't sit out, just because of the wind. I sometimes base my stand choiceon the wind, normally it's just on the best, closest stand to where I'm staying.Normally when I'm deer hunting, my dad's waterfowl hunting. He's my ride to my spot, so I don't have a ton of time to get somewhere. I still have the "gun hunter" mentallity, where I just need to be within 75 yards of the deer. I'm getting better about that though.

Rory, you lost me here too. don't you just pick a stand that plays the wind?
Todd, I hope my above answer helped answer this question too. I'm not really sure how to explain the situation[&:]. Sorry.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

I don't have dozens of stands on each farm. So I can't sit out, just because of the wind. I sometimes base my stand choiceon the wind, normally it's just on the best, closest stand to where I'm staying.Normally when I'm deer hunting, my dad's waterfowl hunting. He's my ride to my spot, so I don't have a ton of time to get somewhere. I still have the "gun hunter" mentallity, where I just need to be within 75 yards of the deer. I'm getting better about that though.

Todd, I hope my above answer helped answer this question too. I'm not really sure how to explain the situation[&:]. Sorry.

I understand Rory. To hunt the wind correctly doesn't take 'extra time' on stand, it takes extra time before the actual hunt. You said it yourself, limited access to stands can heavily influence how effectively you hunt the wind. Limited time also means you may not have time to move a stand mid-season after you've patterned a deer. It's like you said, its hard to explain, but coming from someone close to your age and have been in your position before, I get what you are saying.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can you prove playing the wind always works?

Not always, but you can always bet that ScentLok will never work as advertised.

LT
Playing the wind in combonation with wearing scent control clothing will never hurt you either.

Hell, I don't even wear scent lok...yet.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

Now I see what you are saying. I always try to have a setup for diff. wind directions. Do you have a climber? They work nice for that. Sometimes you can hunt the spot just by moving over just a bit to suit the wind. If I hunted only out of fixed stands I would at least set one up for each wind. I remember the days of hunting without a car. I used to ride my bike to my hunting spots. That was a while ago!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Banned

Rory..take it from me...if you can't hunt the wind..then stay home. You are just educating the deer and wasting your time for the most part. I used to do the same stuff you did...sure u will get lucky now and then..but just make it a policy that you won't hunt a stand unless it is right for the wind that day, and you can't go wrong.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Rory..take it from me...if you can't hunt the wind..then stay home.
Some people would never get a chance to hunt.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:44 AM

Dan...not to discredit your mule deer achievements...I feel all animals are dumb but a whitetail. I have had elk, mulies, antelope, and bears allow me to get close to them and get away with stuff that no way in heck a whitetail would allow. I don't think anyone will argue that if you can hunt a whitetail successfully, you can hunt anything. Animals are dumb for the most part. Whitetails are a different breed.
Well atleast the bolded part is correct. 100% right, whitetails are a different species than other animals. As far as whitetail being the hardest to hunt, I think that is just your opinion because that is what you spend your time doing.....it empowers you to say that the animal you hunt is the hardest to hunt. Try taking your whitetail mentality on a sheep hunt and see how you fare, since you can now hunt anything. Every animal is different, and has it's unique challenges....I just don't think deer hunting is oh so much harder than everything else.

As for scentlok, who cares. Does it work? I say no, but thats my opinion. Either way it wont HURT another guys chances while wearing it. I just view it as another brand of over priced clothing, but if it is worth the cost to you guys....go for it. Like dan said, his time, his money. Who cares what others wear. They make quality threads that cant hurt to wear, regardless of if the carbon works or not.

I dont buy into the whole innocent kids getting scammed deal either. Duke hit it on the head, it is just a silly logan.....anyone who takes it seriously, shouldnt be taken seriously. Identical to other brands with their slogans as listed. Is Gillette REALLY the best a man can get? I should sue.....

Old 01-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is this the only real scentlok suit?

Old 01-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Rory..take it from me...if you can't hunt the wind..then stay home.
Some people would never get a chance to hunt.
Kyle, It took me a lot of years of hunting to figure outthat preparation kills deer. Stand sites should be determined prior to season and things like wind direction should be taken into account when selecting these sites. Once season starts wind direction should determine stand selection and not hunting or hunting the wrong wind. This should be part of pre season. Luck is when preparation meets oppertunity.

Quick Reply: Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.