If so, do you feel it makes a difference?" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing? >

Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Old 01-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

I have a Scent-Lok top right now, that I've only worna couple times. I wash all of my hunting clothes in the scent-free detergent before each time I hunt though, unless I'm in a big rush. I take a scent free shower before each sit. I wear rubber boots. I normally wear my neopreme waders, that have the rubber boots attached, I feel that helps keep scent in also. I also spray down after I get out of the truck/off the 4 wheeler. I normally DON'T hunt the wind, I don't have the time to right now. Next year when I can drive, I'll be hunting much more, so more time hunting= more time playing the wind. I'm going to be buying a bunch of new hunting clothes when they go on sale at Cabela's (I can get a big discount because my dad works there part time). I don't think I'm going to buy anything with Scent-Lok/Scent Blocker, etc.
Also, to whoever said that you can't prove if scent control helps. You're right, you can't. But you sure as hell can't say that it hurts. Would you rather go out there smelling like dogs and cigarettes, or dirt. Easy for me- dirt.
I feel that if you're not going to practice scent control, you should still smell "clean".
Old 01-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Banned

Goes to reason that if you fart with 10 pair of long under wear on it is going to take more time for the odor to get out than if you just had one pair of long underwear on, so base layers are effective at keeping some of your body odor in. Let's face it...the number one odor area on an individual with a bunch of clothing on is his mouth and nose. Odors are constantly coming out of your mouth and nose with every breath.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

One of the Biggest Whitetails I've seen harvested was killed at 30 yards downwind of a hunter that had his coveralls around his ankles taking a dump.

He just picked up his gun and shot him.

Is that one of the Smart ones??[8D]

Just because that happened I won't change my way of hunting hoping I could do the same thing. I've seen Mature Whitetails do a lot of dumb things. Sometimes they're lucky, and get saved by a doe.

Many times they Die, and get put on my Wall

Dan
Old 01-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

I have a Scent-Lok top right now, that I've only worna couple times. I wash all of my hunting clothes in the scent-free detergent before each time I hunt though, unless I'm in a big rush. I take a scent free shower before each sit. I wear rubber boots. I normally wear my neopreme waders, that have the rubber boots attached, I feel that helps keep scent in also. I also spray down after I get out of the truck/off the 4 wheeler. I normally DON'T hunt the wind, I don't have the time to right now.
It takes extra time to hunt the wind?
Next year when I can drive, I'll be hunting much more, so more time hunting= more time playing the wind. I'm going to be buying a bunch of new hunting clothes when they go on sale at Cabela's (I can get a big discount because my dad works there part time). I don't think I'm going to buy anything with Scent-Lok/Scent Blocker, etc.
Also, to whoever said that you can't prove if scent control helps. You're right, you can't. But you sure as hell can't say that it hurts. Would you rather go out there smelling like dogs and cigarettes, or dirt. Easy for me- dirt.
I feel that if you're not going to practice scent control, you should still smell "clean".
Rory, you lost me here too. don't you just pick a stand that plays the wind?
Old 01-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

How many of you can prove your scent control regimen works?
I don't think you can really prove anything pertaining to hunting. There is "generally" and "usually", but there are too many variables in the woods. Nothing is for certain.

Can you prove playing the wind always works?

Just sayin'.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:09 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I wonder why some of you are so hell bent to push your ideology on others? Why do you care so much how others hunt or what others use? Makes no difference to me if you use toilet paper or not, doesn't affect me one way or another.
I bet you'd change your mind if you had to ride in the front seat of THAT guy's pick-up for a couple of hours on your way to a hunt! [:-] [:'(] [] [:@]
Old 01-16-2009, 12:57 AM
Typical Buck

I wear Scent Lok Base Slayers.

Do I think they work? I don't know. Didn't see much difference with or without. I bought them on clearance for 60 bucks for the set, so I figured why not. I needed an extra base layer anyways.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL:
maybe I am paranoid in the cold weather, but I swear deer can see the steam coming from our breath. I like to cover my face just to reduce the amount of steam coming out as I breathe....
I don't think you are paranoid. breath steam is movement. Deer pick up on movement super quick as we all know. I've spotted many deer because of the steam coming out of their nose when I did not see the animal first.

I hate facemasks (wear paint) so when a deer is close and looking in my general diection and my breath is steaming () I def start breathing shallower and will try to breathe slowly out of the corner of my mouth.

And please everyone-keep the thread civil, K? No need to make others feel bad for whatever choices they make.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't bother using it
Old 01-16-2009, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder why some of you are so hell bent to push your ideology on others? Why do you care so much how others hunt or what others use? Makes no difference to me if you use toilet paper or not, doesn't affect me one way or another.
Rob, I couldn't have said it better. You wear scent lock, I don't. Good for both of us.

Quick Reply: Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.