If so, do you feel it makes a difference?" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing? >

Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Old 01-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter
I just want to know if I follow Scent Blockers advise and "Just 4get the wind and hunt" is true. Inquiring minds want to know.
Nope I use the wind, but sometimes, as was the case in my Mule Deer hunt the wind switches for a bit. You either leave or keep hunting. If I leave my chances are Zero. As long as I'm out there I do have a chance, and I know it can switch back

LT call it Luck if want doesn't matter to me. I've found the Harder I hunt, the more scouting I've done, and the more attention I giveto every detail, the Luckier I havegotten down through the years.

I'd rather be Lucky as Good anyday[8D]

Dan

Old 01-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah, and so is, "reactivate in your household dryer on highest setting for 40 minutes". It's gotta be just a slogan, cause it does not work.[8D]

LT
Old 01-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea..and muleys are stupid. I went to high school in western NE and mulies are not bright. hence the Double Bull blind guys will tell you that you don't need to brush in a blind for them. Whitetails and the blind brushed in and they still snort and run away.
Don, I have to hunt stupid animals. My 82nd drops 14" from 20 to 40 yards instead of 4.75" like yours

Have Fun guys! Don, I'll make you a wager on a Mule Deer if you want. Pm me for details

Dan
Old 01-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

LT call it Luck if want doesn't matter to me. I've found the Harder I hunt, the more scouting I've done, and the more attention I giveto every detail, the Luckier I havegotten down through the years.

I'd rather be Lucky as Good anyday[8D]
And I say Amen to all of the above Dan. I'll take luck over my skills any day. You know, it wouldn't be any fun to win the Lotto if you knew you were gonna win, would it?

LT
Old 01-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

How many of you can prove your scent control regimen works? If so, how did you prove it?

I learned something recently. "If a deer is close enough to smell anything human or different about you or your clothes, that deer can smell you."

How much he cares is up to that deer. You ain't foolin him.

LT
When it comes to the scent control regimen I use. I Do Not have to prove anything. I have learned what is the most effective for me where I hunt. I have hunted using and not using a lot of different methods. Scent control is not just one or 2 things. If you think the strength of scent does Not make a difference, well then..........................................

You don't hunt where I do!

I've experienced Elk in Wilderness situations and they react differently to scent than Whitetails in rural midwestern areas.

My time! My money!

Dan
I just want to know if I follow Scent Blockers advise and "Just 4get the wind and hunt" is true. Inquiring minds want to know.
HCH.. are Chevy's really "like a rock".

Is Pepsi.. "the choice of a new generation".

And was it necessary for them to only show a 15 second clip of that hottie who sang in her bikini on American Idol?

Point is.. "Forget the wind, just hunt".. that's just a slogan.

There is no point to this post really.. I'm just bored.
slogan my ass. Young kids and the naive hunters buy into this ripoff. Joe Hunter getting paid on TV to lie about this crap cause the TV show is paying for his 4X4 and his electric bill so he just lies to the public and keeps the deceit game fueled. Like a rock means built solid, choice of a new generation means that people of the new generation make the choice to drink it. 4get the wind and just hunt is BS..plain and simple BS.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Banned

Dan...not to discredit your mule deer achievements...I feel all animals are dumb but a whitetail. I have had elk, mulies, antelope, and bears allow me to get close to them and get away with stuff that no way in heck a whitetail would allow. I don't think anyone will argue that if you can hunt a whitetail successfully, you can hunt anything. Animals are dumb for the most part. Whitetails are a different breed.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

How many of you can prove your scent control regimen works? If so, how did you prove it?

I learned something recently. "If a deer is close enough to smell anything human or different about you or your clothes, that deer can smell you."

How much he cares is up to that deer. You ain't foolin him.

LT

It's a combination of a LOT of things that works. I've killed a few deer, passeda WHOLE bunch of them, I hunt from stands AND on the ground right here in OH where the winds swirl a lot, I've had deer pass within 10 yds of me many times, including the doe I whacked last year, no blind, nothing but a good camo pattern and being very still. I don't know if it WORKS or I'm just lucky, but I get near a lot more deer now than I used to, and the silver ion base layers are the only thing thats changed. I DO ALWAYS wear a facemask or some sort for both camo and scent control, as I believe the majority of scent we really need to be concerned about is from our mouth anyhow. If nothing else, the silver ion base layers don't stink like other stuff does after wearing them for 4-5 times out, and that's worth enough to me to keep me using them. I've turned a few guys onto them, I've offered to buy them from guys if they didn't think they worked or worth it several times, and nobodies asked me to send them any money for them. If what you do works, then "Keep on, keepin' on," if you wonder if it's worth the effort, don't hesitate to give 'em a try. I speak mainly of the base layers not the scent-lok as I'm not sure that they are 100% worth the money, but I think that's another thing when you consider cost vs. benefit. The base layers at least are good as a base even beyond the need for scent control.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

OH---I agree with moisture wicking base layers. They have really helped out my scent control game. No more cotton tee-shirts and the such. I also agree with our breath being a major culprit in getting busted. I always like to have my mouth covered when deer are close, and maybe I am paranoid in the cold weather, but I swear deer can see the steam coming from our breath. I like to cover my face just to reduce the amount of steam coming out as I breathe....and I think I have killed deer because they couldnt see that steam even though they have been looking right at me.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

No, I don't wear it, but will admit they sure do know how to market a product!!
Old 01-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

I wonder why some of you are so hell bent to push your ideology on others? Why do you care so much how others hunt or what others use? Makes no difference to me if you use toilet paper or not, doesn't affect me one way or another.

Quick Reply: Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.