Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I can't hang it up >

I can't hang it up

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I can't hang it up

Old 01-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Banned

Default I can't hang it up

Time to predator hunt. I am going to start predator hunting now and add a twist to my past hunts; only bowhunt them now. It's going to be tough, but I just don't care 4 the gun hunting and want to call one in and take it with the bow. I am a pretty decent caller and have taken my share of yotes in close with a shotgun or rifle. Who else refuses to call it a season? Maybe get into some bunnies too.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I can't hang it up

I'll be doing my share of bunny and yote hunting too. I was going to head out this week, but it's supposed to be minus 10 or so all this week [&:]. I think I'll wait until a heat wave to go whack some yotes. Maybe when it warms up to around 20. I'm itching to get after them.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:59 PM

Called in 4 Sunday....I've been on that page for a few weeks now. I too WILL take one with the bow by turkey season. I have been calling them in pretty dang close, just need to convince myself to take the bow instead of shotgun, and I will be golden...after 10 failed attempts.[8D]
Old 01-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

I'll be doing my share of bunny and yote hunting too. I was going to head out this week, but it's supposed to be minus 10 or so all this week [&:]. I think I'll wait until a heat wave to go whack some yotes. Maybe when it warms up to around 20. I'm itching to get after them.
I talked to a guy at the IA deer Classic a couple of years back and I told him that I didn't have time for his predator seminar, and I asked him what his best tips were...he said, When it is bitter cold and the wind is still"
Old 01-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Called in 4 Sunday....I've been on that page for a few weeks now. I too WILL take one with the bow by turkey season. I have been calling them in pretty dang close, just need to convince myself to take the bow instead of shotgun, and I will be golden...after 10 failed attempts.[8D]
Cool...glad to see others still out there. There is lot of hunting season left..deer is the end all to the sport. I am considering trying the new LW climber and getting up in the air to call...never tried it b4 and it might or might not be a good deal for the archer. Find a tree that the climber will work in...with a poor approach for the coyote down wind, and see what happens.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

The bow is shelved for Coyotes, but the rabbits I'm still after with the longbow! I have been after the Coyotes all this past week with my .204. I called in 4 at once last Tuesday with a couple challenge howls, never offered a shot, stayed in the pines! A couple days later I missed one that came in from behind me while I was exchanging challenge howls with another that was coming in from infront of me, shot low at about 220 yards at about 1:15am, good times! I hope to get out again in the next couple of days with the moon being bright, snow on the ground and the bitter, bitter cold! Good Times.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

The bow is shelved for Coyotes, but the rabbits I'm still after with the longbow! I have been after the Coyotes all this past week with my .204. I called in 4 at once last Tuesday with a couple challenge howls, never offered a shot, stayed in the pines! A couple days later I missed one that came in from behind me while I was exchanging challenge howls with another that was coming in from infront of me, shot low at about 220 yards at about 1:15am, good times! I hope to get out again in the next couple of days with the moon being bright, snow on the ground and the bitter, bitter cold! Good Times.
Cool. The moon is bright 4 sure. Good luck buddy.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't call it a season either. I am still yearning for the woods. I believe I will be out hunting some squirrels tomorrow in the cold temps and wind. But who cares because I feel like this when I am out in the woods...."because I am free to do what I want any old time...."
Old 01-14-2009, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

For the first time in many years, I'll be doing some predator hunting this year. Years ago I was psycho about predator calling. I'm looking forward to it. It won't be with a bow though becauseI reallywant to put a serious dent in their population to help reduce the # of deer they take this year off my place. It's not really much about sport.........more about trying to reduce deer kill, so I'll take every advantage I can get.

I may only get out a small handful of times, but as of last weekend I've got the yote smoker all dialed in and ready to rock and roll.

@ 100 yards......

@ 200 yards (small cross wind [8D])

Old 01-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm on my way out the door now. It's 20F where I ambut the wind is PERFECT for my best stand site. I've seen deer the last 5 out of 6 times out. We have until Jan 24th to kill doe's in my WMU. It's not over for me yet!

Quick Reply: I can't hang it up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.