Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DXT

Old 01-12-2009, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default DXT

Whats your opinion of the Mathew DXT? Mainly accuracy, speed, and ease of shooting?
Old 01-12-2009, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: DXT

excellent bow overall. I shot many and went with a Drenalin but the DXT came very close gto getting my money.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

Good rugged bow, I've put mine thru heck this season. Ultralight, quiet, smooth drawand very compact but if you don't have good form, it'll show your flaws quick.That's theonly knock on the bow- Ihad trouble making accurate shots in a draw-and-shoot-quick situation. If I have time to doublecheck my level and grip then I'm good out to 60 yds. Personally, I'm probably going to buy the AM32 and shoot it for awhile and decide which I like better between it and the DXT.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

A very good bow indeed. I don't think you can find anyone that can say anything bad about the DXT and still be honest.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great bow...
Old 01-12-2009, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot several bows, and one is a DXT,love it, great bow, durable, fast enough, accurate, short and light. I shoot a Bowtech, and a Martin Firehawk also. All arefun bows. The Martin let off is insane!!
Old 01-12-2009, 08:24 AM

I love the DXT, been shooting one for a while now and have nothing negative to say about it. It is plenty fast for me, accurate, light, short, a great great hunting bow. It has a really nice smooth draw and is plenty quiet. I recently put a STS on it and it has pretty much no hand shock at all. If you shot it and you liked the way it felt, buy it you wont be dissapointed.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot it and liked it butdidn't like the short ATA. Try the new Reezen I liked it better.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:24 AM

Accuracy: impressive for it's size. I can keep broadheads in the 8 ring of my goat target to 60 yds. and in the 10 ring of a deer to 40.
Speed: It's a Mathews. Fast enough but not going to win any drag races.
Ease of Shooting: Not a bow I'd recommend to a novice with a long draw length and certainly not one I'd pack onto the 3D course but one I'll definitely be packing into the mountains.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heck of a bow.. does everything I need it to.. one thing I have noticed with alot of DXT owners is that near the bottom cam the serving begins to wear off and eventually tear.. This happened on mine within 6 months.. It was going through a TON of shots though...
Also.. as far as i've heard, its mostly on 70# bows, the 60# and less bows dont do it for some reason.. They "say" that it does it because the user is pulling the string to hard against the back wall.. (I dont quite believe that becuase I draw back smooth and easy, but whatever)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.