Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews Reezen

Old 01-14-2009, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mathews Reezen

With speed comes vibration and a more harsh draw cycle. I shoot a Drenalin now and love the draw cycle but it's slow. I went the other day and shot a Reezen 6.5. I set the Reezen 7 lbs lighter on the draw weight and 1/2 inch short on draw length and got about 10 feet a second better speed. With the lighter draw weight the draw cycle wasn't near as harsh and the vibration was alot less. It's a give and take. For years now everybody has been on Mathews for not keeping up with the speeds of other bows well now they've made the fastest single cam bow on the market but it comes with a price. I'm ordering a Reezen 6.5 next month.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Huntinman23

yeah i cant wait to shoot the monster too, sounds like it could be a nice bow. They only thing i am worried about is that Mathews has never made a duel cam bow before. So they might need to work some kinks out before they really get a good bow out there.
"Mathews" has made a dual cam before. It was way back in the day, and Mat Mcpherson used his old company name which I believe was Mcpherson Bows. He later sold the name when he came up with the idea for single cam technology. Upon reintroducing the dual cam idea (for the benefit of speed) in the new Monster series bows he bought the name Mcpherson Series bow back. Thats why you will notice they dont consider the Monster bow a true "Mathews."
Old 01-14-2009, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

the bow shop i go to said 2 weeks yesterday for the monster
Old 01-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

Yes but you shouldnt need to even put a stabilizer on a bow to get ZERO hand shock. Bows are more advance then ever. Im sorry My 82nd has ZERO hand shock and isnt much slower then the reezen or monster and has ZERO handshock with no stabilizer...MATHEWS got OWNED AGAIN. GO BOWTECH!!!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can just about promise you that if you didn't like the draw cycle and the vibration of the Reezen there's no need for you to shoot the Monster. There's no way to get that kind of speed without those two elements. And Nissan I can bet you dollars to donuts that if I shot you're BT I would have a different opinion.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

lol im sure. dont get me wrong the 82nd speed mod does have a harsh draw cycle to get the potential energy built up.....But upon release the 82nd doesnt have any handshock, well at least none that I can tell. Mind you ive been shooting bows for almost 20years..I got my first PSE fiberglass recurve when i was 6. But thats not a real bow. I have a diamon marquis, Bowtech 82nd, Bowtech Commander and just shot a new 2009 Ross Carnivore. And the reason I chose these particular bows is mainly speed accuracy noise and hand shock...And all 4 i mentioned have none...But I would let anyone shoot any bow that I own and they will all say the same thing..."This bow doesnt even jump/flich" or "did the arrow go anywhere" for the novice
Old 01-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sticking with my ole reliableMathews Switchback XT
Old 01-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

Yes but you shouldnt need to even put a stabilizer on a bow to get ZERO hand shock. Bows are more advance then ever. Im sorry My 82nd has ZERO hand shock and isnt much slower then the reezen or monster and has ZERO handshock with no stabilizer...MATHEWS got OWNED AGAIN. GO BOWTECH!!!!!
WRONG!
Actually Mathews shooters outnumber everyone like 4-1. Mathews is the company that has the card deck stacked in thier favor.

I believe that for every non-mathews shooter in pro levels there are three Mathews shooters.

Next to Mathews and Hoyt in competition, Bowtech is NOT even close....Sorry
Old 01-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

WRONG!
Actually Mathews shooters outnumber everyone like 4-1. Mathews is the company that has the card deck stacked in thier favor.

I believe that for every non-mathews shooter in pro levels there are three Mathews shooters.

I truly believe you are wrong Just a typical Mathews Fan boy proud of your $900 display. Mathews and Hoyt are substancially behind the curve in technology When compared to BOWTECH, DIAMOND and ROSS. My local PROSHOP has switch from HOYT and Darton To primarily BOWTECH, DIAMOND and ROSS. Mind you hes a hoyt staff shooter and has 9 national championships. Hes told me that hoyt has issues with developing new technology and he also stated that bowtech seems to be the way to shoot. Hoyt Might make great target bows. But all around shooters, bowtech and diamond hands down.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

WRONG!

I truly believe you are wrong Just a typical Mathews Fan boy proud of your $900 display. Mathews and Hoyt are substancially behind the curve in technology When compared to BOWTECH, DIAMOND and ROSS. My local PROSHOP has switch from HOYT and Darton To primarily BOWTECH, DIAMOND and ROSS. Mind you hes a hoyt staff shooter and has 9 national championships. Hes told me that hoyt has issues with developing new technology and he also stated that bowtech seems to be the way to shoot. Hoyt Might make great target bows. But all around shooters, bowtech and diamond hands down.

PShhhhhh, you're calling him a fan boy? All you say is go Blowtech!

Quick Reply: Mathews Reezen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.