Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Controversy

Old 01-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bow Contriversy

I know what's best for me.

I Agree shoot as many as you can and find out what's best for You.

You really should go into a Bow purchase open minded. If you don't it might cost you the best bow you have ever owned

Dan
Old 01-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot all of the mentioned bows, best, so like Rob, I have. I agree with him completely tho.
Derek
Old 01-11-2009, 09:03 PM

Default RE: Bow Controversy

ORIGINAL: Huntinman23

I shoot a Hoyt, Love there bows but I would never put is it past Mathews, Bowtech, PSE or any other bow manufacturer to make a better bow, but with people saying Hoyt is better than Mathews or that Bowtech is the best bow out there, or anything else that you guys could think of that you have heard. I just don't get where people get this unless they have shot/used all of these bows and even then it is still all preference to what fits you best and what feels the best when you shoot it. So what I am trying to say is...why? Why do people argue about this... It is just something that i have wondered for a while and thought I would ask you guys about it.
[align=left] [/align]
Good thread...I've argued this for months now! It's ridiculous and I get sick of reading about it. Pick something and hunt!
Old 01-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

What I would like to see is an independent test done with every major bow using a controlled environment with the best machines available. Say, use a hooter shooter to rate consistancy with each bow, factor in creeping with each bow, etc. Throw in some high tech vibration measuring gizmo's and also some measurement of sound producted with electronics. Then rate bows in terms of quality of materials used, construction, tolerances, etc.

There used to be blind fold tests done, but I"m not so sure those were unbiased.

But yeah, all in all, it really comes down to personal preference.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well im not one to say one bow is better than the other and I have shot alot of different bows. When I purchase a bow I like to shoot differnet bows from different mfgs. Some I really like but someI just didnt care for. Speeds not important to me. But whats most important to me when I buy a bow is, warranty. Whats the warranty going to cover, how long is the warranty good for. Bear has a good warranty, Mathews doesnt have crap for a warrnanty, PSE has the best warranty on the market. On a second note, comfort is a big must as well when it comes to me purchasing a bow. I do like Bears for comfort amd ease of draw. Pses are also comfortable bows, light weight, and easy to draw. PSEs customer service and response has always been top notch in my book. When something goes wrong witht the bow, its nice to know all I have to do is take it to a dealer and the rest is out of my hands. I know the bow is going to be in great hands and the work needed to be done will be done in a timely matter, sometimes earlier than anticipated.
Ive shot Mathews, and didnt really care how it felt in my hand. Great shooting bows though.
Bear, Ive shot many different models and love everything about them.
PSE, Ive shot just about every model I can think of, some feel great others I just didnt care for.
Imho, one has to shoot several models and makes to really get the feel of how other mfgs compare to others. Also do the research on the bow, know its limits, what do you want in a bow, what are you going to be doing with that bow, how far out are you going to be shooting, will you be shooting from a stand or spot and stalk. These things should be considered before purchasing any weapon. Thats my 2 cents.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

If we did not fight, I mean talk, about which bow is the best, then what would we fight, I mean talk, about in the off season?
Old 01-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

If we did not fight, I mean talk, about which bow is the best, then what would we fight, I mean talk, about in the off season?
Light vs. Heavy arrows
Rage vs. every broadhead in the world
Fast vs. Slow
Scent Blocker vs. Blue Jeans
Climbing Sticks vs. Steps vs. Climbers
Farts vs. Cigarettes for coverup scent[8D]

Just to name a few

Dan
Old 01-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: sportsman22

No kidding... how many people has shot all the top bows to say what is the best, + matching personal preference
I have.
Well unlike Rob, I haven't shot themALL......With that said, Idid findwhat I likebut I could not find the best. I only shot 31 bows from 7 company's, it took me almost 4 months to do itand I was still a long way from shooting them all.......WOW, Rob you are the man.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

i agree with you guys... everyone just likes something diff.. just because one bow fits you and what you like best doesnt mean it would another person.. bowtech for me!! lol

i have to say, and this isnt slamming anyone, but mathews ads get on my nerves. they seem to attack every other bow manufacturer out there, and i dont see where they get this "relentless innovation" stuff... my two cents. i knw they are good bows though
Old 01-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

Credit to what I have seen on this site.

Folks always congratulate others when their new or used bow picture is posted here. Never saw anyone bash or comment negatively in this respect.

Brand bashing only seems to happen outside of this.

Quick Reply: Bow Controversy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.