Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Terrible News... Our MONSTER in Central Illinois was found dead(PICS) >

Terrible News... Our MONSTER in Central Illinois was found dead(PICS)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Terrible News... Our MONSTER in Central Illinois was found dead(PICS)

Old 01-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default Terrible News... Our MONSTER in Central Illinois was found dead(PICS)

The news is out. After keeping this brute a perfect secret all throughout the season "Big Louie" was found dead by pheasant hunters on my friends neighboring property. This may have been posted on here but I didn't go through and check. The 250" buck was discovered by my friend Darin and his neighbor neighbor Mark. Here's the story.
Early season I received a phone call from Darin, my good buddy. His voice sounded as if he had just shot a buck so i asked him what he got... He told me that nothing was dead but to get to his place as soon as I could so he could show me something. I drove over and looked at his computer and saw the biggest buck i had ever seen on a trail camera. We sat there and talked about how he was going to hunt him, how to stay calm, how to go about the whole process of getting this buck, and how we couldn't even speak of this Monarch. From then on Darin told me he was in bowhunting mode and would settle for nothing less of the buck that had been named "Big Louie" by Mark. All seasonI heard the did, he wastories from them both and saw that no matter what theys always outsmarting them. He wouldn't be that big if he couldn't ousmart them...Darin didn't use a firearm all season. He told me that he was not going togoout and hunt during the firearms season and had to just sit around and pray that "big Louie" would make it through.They would see him plenty during the bow season, but never in range. Later in the season, just about a week or so ago the buck was found dead bypheasant hunters onJohn Grosbol's propertyin Petersburg. The property was right next to Darin's lease... Either way, it was a tragic way to see this monster go down. They ruled the death as natural causes. here are some pictures.

the trail camera photo I will never forget, and if you're wondering why the name on the trail cam photo is not Darin or Mark its becausethe trail camerais owned bya guy they let come down and hunt on their leases.

John with the buck

Old 01-10-2009, 05:48 PM

Default RE: Terrible News... Our MONSTER in Central Illinois was found dead(PICS)

ok slow down a minute...death was from natural causes?? what natural causes? he looked perfectly healthy in the cam pic...no bullet holes or arrrow holes in the deer?? was he dead in a field or pasture? either way that's ashame.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Banned

Default RE: Terrible News... Our MONSTER in Central Illinois was found dead(PICS)

a dandy of a buck. Glad he was found b4 the rodents chewed up his rack
Old 01-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

he was found in a crp field I beleive... Noone can figure out how he really died... his body was in bad shape when they found him all ate up by coyotes.... no traces of lead were found. Some people say that he froze to death....but who really knows.... Anything could have happened. And also when you look at the trail camera pic, he really doesnt look that old...we had guessed him at only 4 1/2... maybe 5 1/2. His teeth showed that he was no older than that at all. Everyone has their theories... i'm just gonna keep mine to myself though, don't want horrible rumors starting [&:]
Old 01-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe he had high cholesterol.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

That Is sad!! What a giant he Is!!
Old 01-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! Too bad your buddy didnt get a shot at him, thats def. a deer of a lifetime. Many lifetimes
Old 01-10-2009, 06:37 PM

Man, that is sad to see. What a buck
Old 01-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Amazing animal.

Nature's a bit#h
Old 01-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Bummer.

Quick Reply: Terrible News... Our MONSTER in Central Illinois was found dead(PICS)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.