Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Terrible News... Our MONSTER in Central Illinois was found dead(PICS) >

Terrible News... Our MONSTER in Central Illinois was found dead(PICS)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Terrible News... Our MONSTER in Central Illinois was found dead(PICS)

Old 01-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Terrible News... Our MONSTER in Central Illinois was found dead(PICS)

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

ORIGINAL: brdog

To answermost of the questions that have been posed...my brother and I found it, we are the pheasant hunters mentioned earlier and you get a good look at my arm and hat (go Winchester ammo!)...cause of death couldn't be determined from what was left of the carcass. No holes in the hide, no ribs or vertebrae broken. The head is safely in the hands of the land owner who is an extremely big deer hunter and will be displayed proudly and appropriately. I would have to agree with some who say he was probably shot at by a poacher. No way someone in their right mind legally takes a shot at that animal and doesn't shout from the mountain top that if anyone finds that deer dead, it's theirs. Either that, or he could've gotten injured fighting other deer, that does happen...

6brdog
What if the landowner "who is extremely big deer hunter" shot the buck let it die knowing that "pheasant hunters" whould walk up on it in a couple weeks. Just kidding, that would make me sick. I will still blame yotes on this one.

Hmmmm! Funny you say that. That is where my thoughts spun as well.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Terrible News... Our MONSTER in Central Illinois was found dead(PICS)

He looks to me like he was still a fairly young deer from the trail cam pic, not much sag... Sad to see him not go out to a "committed" sportsman, on the other hand; judging by the date on the cam and a little luck he may have passed those superior genes to some young yearlings that should be popping out in the next couple months...
Old 01-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

everyone keeps saying natural causes does'nt make sense because he looked fine in the photograph. that does'nt make sense because who knows when the picture was taken it could of been how many months ago and all kinds of things can happen during that time.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

It was definitely natural, he broke his neck because his antlers were to heavy!
Old 01-25-2009, 05:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

You guys didn't call CSI?
Old 01-26-2009, 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: BowtechHunting

Deleted for skirting the profanity fitler.

The staff of HuntingNet.Com reserves the right to remove any post, topic or person for any reason we see fit.

Please follow the set of rules listed below and help keep HuntingNet.com a great place for all members to visit.

1. No vulgar language or profanity - This includes inappropriate words, inappropriate sexual references and other vulgar statements. There are word filters in place for a reason, DO NOT try to bypass them with alternate characters or spellings.
My bad! Don't even remember what I said...oh well. Sorry, I'll be a better citizen.