Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Terrible News... Our MONSTER in Central Illinois was found dead(PICS) >

Terrible News... Our MONSTER in Central Illinois was found dead(PICS)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Terrible News... Our MONSTER in Central Illinois was found dead(PICS)

Old 01-12-2009, 12:11 PM

Default RE: Terrible News... Our MONSTER in Central Illinois was found dead(PICS)

To answermost of the questions that have been posed...my brother and I found it, we are the pheasant hunters mentioned earlier and you get a good look at my arm and hat (go Winchester ammo!)...cause of death couldn't be determined from what was left of the carcass. No holes in the hide, no ribs or vertebrae broken. The head is safely in the hands of the land owner who is an extremely big deer hunter and will be displayed proudly and appropriately. I would have to agree with some who say he was probably shot at by a poacher. No way someone in their right mind legally takes a shot at that animal and doesn't shout from the mountain top that if anyone finds that deer dead, it's theirs. Either that, or he could've gotten injured fighting other deer, that does happen...

6brdog
Old 01-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Terrible News... Our MONSTER in Central Illinois was found dead(PICS)

ORIGINAL: brdog

To answermost of the questions that have been posed...my brother and I found it, we are the pheasant hunters mentioned earlier and you get a good look at my arm and hat (go Winchester ammo!)...cause of death couldn't be determined from what was left of the carcass. No holes in the hide, no ribs or vertebrae broken. The head is safely in the hands of the land owner who is an extremely big deer hunter and will be displayed proudly and appropriately. I would have to agree with some who say he was probably shot at by a poacher. No way someone in their right mind legally takes a shot at that animal and doesn't shout from the mountain top that if anyone finds that deer dead, it's theirs. Either that, or he could've gotten injured fighting other deer, that does happen...

6brdog
This is very much true and could explain why no there appears to be no busted ribs or vertebrae.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

like brdog said, it is in the hands of John Grosbol and no true cause of death. I do think it was poached by someone at night and they hit it and it ran on to Grosbol's and died. Thats just my theory....It may be wrong...but we will never know...which is unfortunate and very disappointing... and it isn't MY deer like I saw someone put in a comment....I didn't find it or even hunt it...I was helping my buddy go after it...just to clear things up
Old 01-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

damn what a shame... how excessable is it for people to poach?
Old 01-12-2009, 06:22 PM

Deleted for skirting the profanity fitler.

The staff of HuntingNet.Com reserves the right to remove any post, topic or person for any reason we see fit.

Please follow the set of rules listed below and help keep HuntingNet.com a great place for all members to visit.

1. No vulgar language or profanity - This includes inappropriate words, inappropriate sexual references and other vulgar statements. There are word filters in place for a reason, DO NOT try to bypass them with alternate characters or spellings.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a shame. Unbelievable buck! If I saw that bruiser broadside at 20 from my stand, he'd probably still be walking because I'd be shaking too hard to draw my bow.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brdog

6brdog
What if the landowner "who is extremely big deer hunter" shot the buck let it die knowing that "pheasant hunters" whould walk up on it in a couple weeks. Just kidding, that would make me sick. I will still blame yotes on this one.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nature does take it toll at times...
Old 01-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

What a shame. Bucks run themselves ragged during the rut. Who knows if he wasn't hit by a car, grazed by an arrow/bullet and got infected, who knows. That deer went a hell of a lot farther than just those properties during the rut, any number of things could have happened and you can bet there are plenty of people that knew of his existence. Highly likely he had been bedding in that CRP all year, and he came back there to die. Poachers, IMO, would have gotten the rack.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

hey did anyone keep the skull?? Some one should have a memorial plauqe mounted.....

Quick Reply: Terrible News... Our MONSTER in Central Illinois was found dead(PICS)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.