HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   BOWTECH ALL THE WAY (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/282141-bowtech-all-way.html)

SOCALLEDHUNTER_23 01-10-2009 01:12 PM

BOWTECH ALL THE WAY

AHHH BOWTECH!!! :)THE BEST OF COURSE. when i was looking for a new bow, I wanted something that was above the rest and the bowtech adirmal was the ticket, the silence, no vibration at all, and when the ladies see u withit they come crawling,lol. but seriously i shot the alphamax to see wat all the hipe was and it vibrated in my hand like crazy. i no that hoyt is suppost to be as durable as they come and if i am looking at dry fireing it a 1000 times and beat a deer with it like a ball bat ill reconsider. i no its not 340,350,360fps but reallly how fast do u need it to be able to pass through some mossyhorns and all i hear is MATHEWS has a bow coming out that goes 360fps,waste and im sure its just as silent and vibration free as the admiral, NOT , LETS GO BOWTECH

Rory/MO 01-10-2009 01:24 PM

RE: BOWTECH ALL THE WAY

Every shooter is different and looking for something different:eek:

brucelanthier 01-10-2009 01:32 PM

The General was real quiet too, right up until the limbs exploded, then it got a little noisy LOL ;).

MeanV2 01-10-2009 01:35 PM

I Agree with Rory! Everyone should shoot all the bows they can get there hands on to see what feels best to them. Bow choice is a very personal thing.

I do believe that BowTech along with their sister lines Diamond, and now Ross has one of the most Diverse lines on the market. You can buy a Binary, Hybrid, or Single Cam bow. Youalso have the choice of Center Pivot riser bows, or conventional riser bows, Fast bows, or Super Smooth bows with Great Speed as well. Many of the Bows also gives you a choice of several Camo patterns for a finish, and the Invelvet finish is in a league of it's own.
Matching Quivers and Stabilizers are also a bonus, and there are choices there as well.

Dan

bowmanaj 01-10-2009 01:39 PM

Ive shot a bowtech (82nd) and it was the sweetest shooting bow Ive ever shot. But I couldnt afford one at the time, and my $450 set up gets the job done. One day I will be buying a bowtech, but like Rory said, different people want different things. Bowtech makes sweet bows but you dot not need to have a 300+fps bow to kill a deer

MeanV2 01-10-2009 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

The General was real quiet too, right up until the limbs exploded, then it got a little noisy LOL ;).
Bruce, Did you hear any explode? Most shop owners I talked to saw little to No failures.

I think BowTech did the right thing and once they knew there was even that possibility they stepped up to the plate and fixed them.

I had 2 friends that Hunted with the General without changing Limbs even after I told them they really should. They never had a problem, although the Deer they shot at did receive some Fatal wounds[8D]

I'll change their limbs in the next couple of weeks as season is winding down. The 3 dealers I talk to on a regular basis only saw one failure, and I know several Generals were Sold.

Hats off to BowTech for taking care of something early in the game.

Dan

brucelanthier 01-10-2009 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

Bruce, Did you hear any explode? Most shop owners I talked to saw little to No failures.

No, but Bowtech must have heard something ;). No worries, MeanV2, I'm a Bowtech fanboy (have 4 at the moment, I'll be calling you soon when I start outfitting the new one) but I just can't stand these "slam a bow company" threads.

Muliefever 01-10-2009 01:51 PM

I too am a Bowtech/Diamond fan!!!!! And they have some sweet shooting bows. I wish I could take certain things from all the different bows out there to make a super bow!

The 82nd is fun to shoot, super fast, but dual cam bows are not Smooth. Try a Black Ice!

Phil from Maine 01-10-2009 01:58 PM

I agree with the idea of not slamming other bow companies as well. I have used a bear bow for the last 20 plus years and it sure did the trick for me as well. This yearI have a Bow Tech coming in so I can not wait to try it out.. It sure is going to be different for me from about a 45% let off to a 60-80% let off as well.. I have heard a lot of good about Bow-Tech though..

MeanV2 01-10-2009 02:04 PM

Again that's why I say shoot them. I have owned a Black Ice and I prefer my 82nd. It has become one of my all time favs this year, but I must admit the CP bows are just plain Fun to shoot and pretty darn fast as well.

The Air Raid looks awfully tempting as well. Darn I think I may have toorder one!!:D

Bruce I just think Bowtech knew there was a possibility of Failure and stepped upand intiated the recall. I still say Hats off to them for that. Holler whenever you are ready! I always appreciate your business!!

There is No one Bow that is Right for everyone, but if someone can't find a BowTech, Diamond, Ross that impresses them I doubt they have shot them all. The Ross Carnivore continues to impress me. It is a dream bow at the price.

Dan

RobinAim Low 01-11-2009 12:53 PM

It was amazing to see the crowds at the BT shooting lanes all weekend at ATA and then look down the wall at the other company's lanes with no or very little lines.

I finally got to squeeze in and shoot some bows late Sunday after the show crowds dwindled. I don't think I can pick just one this year!

hardcorehunter 01-11-2009 01:23 PM

moparmaddnes 01-11-2009 01:45 PM

I went and shot the ROSS Carnivore yesterday at a shop and was very impressed. I am in the market for a new bow and have shot mathews, hoyt, and bowtech. I was seriusly looking at the Katera, but have changed my mind after shooting the Ross. What do you guys think of this bow?
Matt

MeanV2 01-11-2009 02:04 PM

ORIGINAL: moparmaddnes

I went and shot the ROSS Carnivore yesterday at a shop and was very impressed. I am in the market for a new bow and have shot mathews, hoyt, and bowtech. I was seriusly looking at the Katera, but have changed my mind after shooting the Ross. What do you guys think of this bow?
Matt
If you have not read my comments on this bow already. I wanted to let you know that I am very impressed with it. I took mine to NE. in December and tagged 2 Merriam Gobblers. It is very, very Smooth, quiet, and plenty shock free.

It also holds, and Aims rock solid. It was very easy to group arrows with this Bow, almost effortless.

I know several others who own one that are impressed as well. I really think this bow is a Sleeper.

Dan

moparmaddnes 01-11-2009 02:41 PM

I was so impressed with this bow and I probbably will get it. You may have seen my other posts about why I am getting a new bow. I have never had the opertunity to be able to get a top bow before. I was told from my dad not to worry and find the bow that fits you and feels right. I am nervous and I want to get a bow that will last me a long time without worry about issues about the company or bow. I am very leary about someone trying to sell me something. You always hear you should buy my product cause it's better than theirs.
Matt

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-11-2009 05:42 PM

moparmadness, I too am impressed with the Carnivore.

MeanV2 01-11-2009 05:50 PM

Matt, Shoot all the bows you can! Only you can tell what feels best to You.

All I can do is give you My opinion on the bow.

Good Luck!!

Dan

kdsberman 01-11-2009 07:16 PM

What a pointless post. So if I decide on a DXT, I know Im not getting the best because someone says Bowtech is the best. ??

Sliverflicker 01-11-2009 07:33 PM

ORIGINAL: SOCALLEDHUNTER_23

AHHH BOWTECH!!! :)THE BEST OF COURSE. when i was looking for a new bow, I wanted something that was above the rest and the bowtech adirmal was the ticket, the silence, no vibration at all, and when the ladies see u withit they come crawling,lol. but seriously i shot the alphamax to see wat all the hipe was and it vibrated in my hand like crazy. i no that hoyt is suppost to be as durable as they come and if i am looking at dry fireing it a 1000 times and beat a deer with it like a ball bat ill reconsider. i no its not 340,350,360fps but reallly how fast do u need it to be able to pass through some mossyhorns and all i hear is MATHEWS has a bow coming out that goes 360fps,waste and im sure its just as silent and vibration free as the admiral, NOT , LETS GO BOWTECH
Oh Hell, I'm a gonna run right out and get me an Admiral just because some pimple popper says its the best Bow in the whole wide world.
I ah might even got me a pass through on one of them old mossey horns!

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-11-2009 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

What a pointless post. So if I decide on a DXT, I know Im not getting the best because someone says Bowtech is the best. ??
You had every option NOT to open the thread and then when your disappointed in what it said you make condescending remarks. What the hell did you expect to read in a thread titled Bowtech All the Way?

Feel free to start a thread titled Hoyt All the Way or Mathews All the Way or even Oneida [&:] All the Way.

There is no best bow suited for every shooter. That's why all manufacturers are selling bows and staying in business currently. But dude, seriously, the thread title should have given away the contents. ;)

SOCALLEDHUNTER_23 01-12-2009 04:41 PM

Oh Hell, I'm a gonna run right out and get me an Admiral just because some pimple popper says its the best Bow in the whole wide world.

looks like there is a hoyt or matthews fan in the house...sorry u bought a hoyt/mathews and got slammed

Rory/MO 01-12-2009 04:43 PM

ORIGINAL: SOCALLEDHUNTER_23

looks like there is a hoyt or matthews fan in the house...sorry u bought a hoyt/mathews and got slammed
I have a Hoyt and a Bear right now:)

piketon_hunter#9 01-12-2009 04:47 PM

here's a thought... maybe socalledhunter was excited about his new bowtech? i mean he does have the flagship of one of the most successful bow companies out there right now... we bought our bows together actually..

i will say ty that your post was a little agressive lol

Dozen Arrows 01-12-2009 04:54 PM

To be honest with you I began to get a little discouraged with seeing all of their emphasis put on to the center pivot bows until I seen the new Air Raid and now there is a glimmer of hope restored for me!

Maybe it is just me but it seemed like they were cutting corners or didn't put much effort in with bows like the SWAT and the Stud?

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-12-2009 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Dozen Arrows

To be honest with you I began to get a little discouraged with seeing all of their emphasis put on to the center pivot bows until I seen the new Air Raid and now there is a glimmer of hope restored for me!

Maybe it is just me but it seemed like they were cutting corners or didn't put much effort in with bows like the SWAT and the Stud?
I'm actually very interested in shooting the Air Raid.

JeffB 01-12-2009 06:08 PM

What is it that some of you find to be an issue with the center pivot designs? Is it something MORE than simple aesthetics? Is it a tangible/fundamental issue?

I have to admit the CP risers are kinda ugly, but so is my Subaru and I love that damn thing

Dozen Arrows 01-12-2009 06:48 PM

There is nothing wrong with them at all. They are different that's for sure and it's a great move by Bowtech, lots of people love them and don't get me wrong, I don't think that they look bad at all. It took me a while to get used to the Captain but it grew on me, especially when you see it in person. I'm just more of a traditionalist kind of guy, that's all.

I liked the looks of the Marquis a lot but the specs were a little off for me as I prefer a shorter axle to axle and a light weight bow. They got it just right for me with the Air Raid along with the additional speed.

kdsberman 01-12-2009 07:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

You had every option NOT to open the thread and then when your disappointed in what it said you make condescending remarks. What the hell did you expect to read in a thread titled Bowtech All the Way?

Feel free to start a thread titled Hoyt All the Way or Mathews All the Way or even Oneida [&:] All the Way.

There is no best bow suited for every shooter. That's why all manufacturers are selling bows and staying in business currently. But dude, seriously, the thread title should have given away the contents. ;)
oooo thanks for the talkin to

the critter 01-13-2009 09:56 PM

lol funny