HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   More News from the ATA 366 fps (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/282137-more-news-ata-366-fps.html)

hardcorehunter 01-10-2009 12:50 PM

More News from the ATA 366 fps

PSE OMEN

muzzyman88 01-10-2009 01:13 PM

RE: More News from the ATA 366 fps

Wow, another sub 6" brace height speed bow. No thank you.

Looks like history is coming full circle again. Speed is selling. Looks like all the manufacturers took a break from speed and gave us a bunch of very shootable, smooth bows. Now they want to see what they can get out of them with the technology advancements they have.

Muliefever 01-10-2009 01:53 PM

I am with MM on this one! Brace height less than 6, and dual cams! No thanks, O love my shoulders the way they are!

NY/Al 01-10-2009 01:55 PM

I'll pass, anyone else think this speed craze is getting out of control??[:-]:eek:

hardcorehunter 01-10-2009 02:00 PM

Yes. I have to have a nice draw cycle foremost in what i shoot. I want a combination of speed and shootability.

TEmbry 01-10-2009 02:07 PM

Food for thought guys, low poundage or low draw length shooters can GREATLY benefit from these bows. These guys are getting more speed out of a 50# bow than my smooth 70# bow. And I don't think 50# can possibly be harsh enough to be considered harder to pull than the SMOOTHEST 70#.

Not for me either, but there ARE two sides of the story. I don't get why people act like one bow in a lineup means the companies are only pushing top speeds now? Nearly every company seems to have a very solid lineup of smooth shooters with quick speeds, with only 1 or 2 screamers for the year. Bowtech has the Airborne, Hoyt has the Katera which isn't even much a screamer (only company left it seems to NOT put out a screaming speed bow yet, just doesn't seem up their alley apparently), PSE has the Omen and one or two Xforces that are screamers, elite has the gt500. While there doesn't seem to be any slow bows left, most appear to be built around shooting first, with the exception of one or two bows a year. Smart by the bow manufacturers to me. Just look at all the guys that will flock to the highest speed number they see, regardless how they shoot. Speed freaks need bows too.

NY/Al 01-10-2009 02:21 PM

I understand what your saying Trev but honestly, i dont get how anyone could even pick up a sub 6-in brace bow. I dont care that they are making fast bows, its just the extremes that they go to to reach those speeds. You need a little shootability...

Jasonlester 01-10-2009 02:22 PM

Its pretty funny but you all have been in a different range of speed bows than I was. I found that speed wasn't everything when speeds breaking 300 fps was the thing. Now when speed is reaching 366 fps its too fast. You'll find that the more you shoot archery the less the need super speed. Especialy when your talking acuracy. Low brace hieghts and high speeds are alot more unstable than high brace height lower speed bows.

So you shoot for something in the middle. Of course the shootable bows of years ago aren't as fast as the ones today. I think how they have done that is shoot for speed and learn to make it shootable.

But lets face it speed has somehow become the driving force in bow sales. I guess because of people want to brag they have the newest thing and its better than everyone elses. :D

iamyourhuckleberry 01-10-2009 02:24 PM

Makes you wonder... It use to be any bow with a brace height less than 8 inches was unshootable. Now, the number appears to be 6 inches. Wow, could it be that technology is gaining by miles? I have shot the gx cam. It is the smoothest thing I have ever had in my hands. I'm sure the Wright Brothers were told their flying contraption was unsafe and unflyable. Look where we are today!

Wouldn't it be better to flock to the archery stores and shoot one of these "unshootable" bows before discounting it? You might learn something. The world isn't flat...I promise!

MGH_PA 01-10-2009 02:31 PM

Several people over on AT claimed to have shot them already (dealers at the show apparently), and plenty more people have placed orders without even so much as seeing it first hand, yet:eek: Anyways, those who have shot it, say it shoots very well, especially for a 5.5" brace. The draw was likened to the Xforce, so if you've shot one of those, that may give you a starting point. I won't jump to conclusions on the bow, but I don't like it simply for aesthetic reasons (those giant cams are god awful ugly...so is most of the bow) as well as the short ATA...but to each there own...the archery world would be pretty boring if we all liked the same thing.