Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 More News from the ATA 366 fps >

More News from the ATA 366 fps

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

More News from the ATA 366 fps

Old 09-07-2009, 07:48 AM
Dominant Buck

You guys can't tell me you wouldn't like the idea of shooting one pin out to 40yards at atleast 330+FPS.
1. ANYONE can shoot one pin out to 40yds....IF they compensate for being high at shorter distances (or low, on extremely short distances).

2. NO ONE can shoot one pin flat to 40 yds (or even 30).

Physics laws do not lie.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
1. ANYONE can shoot one pin out to 40yds....IF they compensate for being high at shorter distances (or low, on extremely short distances).

2. NO ONE can shoot one pin flat to 40 yds (or even 30).

Physics laws do not lie.
X1000000000

Thanks GMMAT. Before we get all this nonsense started lol!

I shot my X6 at 340fps and did the whole "1 pin out to 30yds" thing. I had my pin set at 20 and tried it. At 30, it was a few inches low on my yellow jacket. Could have killed the deer yes, but still a few inches low.

At 40! Didnt even hit the bag...

So I did it with my 30 pin. about 2" high at 20, and 5" low at 40.

Compensating with the 30 wouldnt be too bad, but with the 20, nooooo way!!!

BTW, I drew back on a deer yesterday with my Omen I was ready to send my 530gr. 2514 her way but unfortunately they came in down wind(probably trailed me up out of curiosity) and only came within 40 yards. The bow shoots just as well as any other setup that ive shot at hunting distances. I have yet to shoot it out at 60-70(only have my furthest pin out to 40 as of now) but I imagine it will hold its own. I was shooting on average 5-7" groups(including flyers on my good days) with my X6 at 60 yards so I imagine with the Omen the groups wouldnt be much worse if any.

Derek
Old 09-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would you buy a car based solely on the color? Then why do people buy bows based solely on their FPS...? Seems a bit stupid myself..
Old 09-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whose bright idea was it to kick the dust off this thread???
Old 09-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Spike

The Omen doesn't shoot like a short Brace height bow. Thing shoots good- seriously.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:27 AM
Spike

So by the sounds of it we should all be shooting PSE Brutes, with a 8-1/8" BH, a 300-308 fps IBO, parallel limbs, 80% let off ,single cam. geez sounds like the perfect bow, but i bet there's alot of people that would not like it and would pick a "speed" bow over it and would even shoot alot better groups with speed bow. So basically shoot whatever bow YOU want to shoot, if YOU like it and it shoots well for YOU thats all that matters, who gives a rats ass what others say about the bow and who cares if they tell you that it's going to be innacurate because of it's speed and low BH they aren't the ones shooting it so who gives a ****. Tell em to stick it where the sun don't shine .
Old 09-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Watched some online reviews of these "speed" bows, they weren't very speedy when using a 380-400 grn arrow. Only the Mathews bow exceeded the 290 mark.

I shot one, ya know when somethings weighing on you, a job that's difficult but you just do it and then something comes along that will make that job so much easier and you feel like a weight has been lifted, that bow was it. It's like going into the woods caring nothing, a real lean mean hunting machine.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by nodog
Watched some online reviews of these "speed" bows, they weren't very speedy when using a 380-400 grn arrow. Only the Mathews bow exceeded the 290 mark.

I shot one, ya know when somethings weighing on you, a job that's difficult but you just do it and then something comes along that will make that job so much easier and you feel like a weight has been lifted, that bow was it. It's like going into the woods caring nothing, a real lean mean hunting machine.
I dont know about that. I have a PSE BowMadness XS I tried different setups with arrows. I tried GT 7595 400 gr 386 gr with the 400 gr I was getting 294 fps with the 386 gr i was getting 297 fps. So then I tried GT 22's at 366 gr now im getting 305 fps. with a 30" draw 68.8 lb and all the arrows cut to 29". So I don’t know if the site you are referencing is not being bias toward Mathews.
Im not saying that i have one of those speed bows but i do think that if you play with arrow weights youcan get the speed or close to the speed that they say. JMO

Last edited by clos21; 09-08-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:55 AM
Spike

I guess I should clarify myself about the 1 pin to 40yards topic. I do use only 1 pin out to 40 and I do have to compensate a little for the drop but the idea of using 1 pin is pretty cool to me.
I shoot a speed bow because that's what I like, it may not be for everyone and I'm not saying everyone should try them, theres just a lot of people on a lot of forums that putdown the speed bows. SHOOT WHAT YOU'RE HAPPY WITH!!!
I'm looking to get as much speed as possible from every bow I own and the next one is my new OMEN.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by monster malibu
I guess I should clarify myself about the 1 pin to 40yards topic. I do use only 1 pin out to 40 and I do have to compensate a little for the drop but the idea of using 1 pin is pretty cool to me.
I shoot a speed bow because that's what I like, it may not be for everyone and I'm not saying everyone should try them, theres just a lot of people on a lot of forums that putdown the speed bows. SHOOT WHAT YOU'RE HAPPY WITH!!!
I'm looking to get as much speed as possible from every bow I own and the next one is my new OMEN.
True. If you are a fan of speed, you will find it with the omen Mine shot 356 right outta the box.

Thats not the best part though. Its QUIET and holds/shoots very well in my hands. If you are used to that kinda draw you should have no trouble with it. My groups are just as good with it as my XF6.

Derek

Quick Reply: More News from the ATA 366 fps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.