Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help me decide my arrows for the year.... >

Help me decide my arrows for the year....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me decide my arrows for the year....

Old 01-09-2009, 11:14 PM

Default Help me decide my arrows for the year....

I don't know why, I guess just because I can, but I change arrows every year. This past year, I shot the Super Slam in a 2512 and was tickled to death. Well, they don't make that size arrow anymore, and hey......It's a new year. New bow coming, and that means new arrows.

I've been shooting light/fast the past couple years, and this year realized that I enjoy the benefits of a heavier arrow. My super slams weigh in at 480 grains, and fly 286 fps. Can't ask for much more than that. But I am.

I want a little bit lighter, little bit faster. I'm looking for a finished arrow weight in the 420-430 grain range, which should yield speeds right around 300 fps. Exactly what I'm looking for. So, I've narrowed it down to 2 arrows, and to be honest.......They're both about as good as they come and I just cannot decide which to get. I'm kind of leaning toward the ACC but, and yes this is veign I know........Only because they will look better with my fletching pattern this year. The camo finish on the weight forward Aramid just doesn't go well with my color scheme, but......I can make it work.

So, which is it HNI community? The Aramid or the famed ACC?
Old 01-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Help me decide my arrows for the year....

Take a look at the NEW,ACC prohunters.Better inserts(hp inserts) and you can use the xnock with them,meaning,you can use Tracer nocks if you so desire.While still using uni bushings.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:30 PM

The only problem with my C.E. is that they have broken in half on two kills; coincidence or structure of those nanotubes...don't know?
Old 01-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Don, I think you already know the advantage of FOC and the Aramids sure don't hurt. I have an arrowcase full of both, but I hunted with the Aramids 99% of the time this year. 6 kills, Zero problems.

You really can not make a bad choice, but I do know what I liked better.

Like TFOX says the new ACC Pro Hunters should be worth a look as well.

Dan
Old 01-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Don, you will get a lot of votes for ACC's from guys who have never used Aramids, but because they have used ACC's that's how they'll vote.

They areboth good arrows!

Dan
Old 01-10-2009, 09:27 AM

I have used neither, but I just prefer Easton arrows for some reason...I guess brand biased.[&:]
Old 01-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Banned

A/C/C's are awesome. I have never had one not go back in my quiver after a kill until this year when a big doe stepped on it after the shot. Tough arrow and I like the safety that a non 100% carbon arrow doesn't give the shooter. After that Beeman ICS exploded on me 3 years ago I will never go that route again. I know nothing about your other choice, but these A/C/C's are sweet.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

What is your shaft length?
Old 01-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

What is your shaft length?
29" if you're talking to me.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Don, you will get a lot of votes for ACC's from guys who have never used Aramids, but because they have used ACC's that's how they'll vote.

Dan
True, I have never used the Aramids so my vote would be jaded. Mobo knows more about archery equipment than most on this site so I am sure he already has his mind made up.

Quick Reply: Help me decide my arrows for the year....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.