Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help me decide my arrows for the year.... >

Help me decide my arrows for the year....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me decide my arrows for the year....

Old 01-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help me decide my arrows for the year....

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

What is your shaft length?
29" if you're talking to me.
Nah I was asking mobow.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Don, you will get a lot of votes for ACC's from guys who have never used Aramids, but because they have used ACC's that's how they'll vote.

Dan
True, I have never used the Aramids so my vote would be jaded. Mobo knows more about archery equipment than most on this site so I am sure he already has his mind made up.
Yep! I've met Don and I really figured he is looking for feedback from guys that have used both, and more so the Aramid.

I'm sure he is already fletching his arrows![8D]Jking Don!

Dan
Old 01-10-2009, 02:28 PM

I've tinkered with both and for the money the A/C/C is the way to go, especially for what you're wanting to do. The Aramids are impressive and durable arrows but that CX weight forward hipe is just plain BS. Comparing some old CX Maximas to the newer "weight forward" design, there was no difference at all. All they do is stop the camo pattern a bit sooner down the shaft and say that adds weight to the end...The only drawback I can see to the A/C/C's is that they can be bent enough to throw your accuracy off without you noticing it. You need to inspect them just like you would an Al+ shaft.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Weight Forward on the CX is Hype?

I can't see how you say that, with many guys who don't check it makes a difference between being borderline and having enough. Adding the camo on the front part of the shaft does indeed add weight there. No Hype in that!

At 437 grains per ounce it takes very little to make a difference one way or the other.

I Love the ACC's and Alum/Carbon are hard to beat, but CX remains the Best all carbon shaft I've ever used, Period.

Dan
Old 01-10-2009, 07:48 PM

My shaft length is 28", but I'm gonna lengthen that a little this year to 29 to get a tad better stability, and just a bit more weight.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, because I really don't know what i want to use. I worked at the shop today and looked at both again......LOL......I mean, they're both top shelf arrows, the cost difference is negligible....Tolerances are nearly identical. Weight is nearly the same....Both would be PERFECT for my set up and what I'm wanting to do. AHHHHHH!!!!!! All these decisions!! LOL

I've used ACC's in the past, and they are fantastic arrows. I've also used CX Maxima Hunters......Fantastic arrows as well, and I while I haven't personally used them, I know the Aramid is equally as good.

The FOC advantages with the Aramid are there, but really.......And Dan, I'm a HUGE CX fan so take this for what it's worth.......I don't believe the FOC is helped as much as they would have us believe. Does it help? Absolutely. But I think even more than the FOC is CX's spine consistency. IMPO, that is the single biggest factor in how well the CX arrows perform. But then again, spine consistency of the ACC is incredible as well.

I've talked myself into, and out of, each one about half a dozen times. Ok. Let's attack it from this angle. Who here has On Target 2 software? Run these numbers for me, see which is spined better. 2008 Hoyt VectrixPlus (soon to be 2009 AlphaMax 35) 30" draw, 70#'s. 29" arrow. The 2 arrows specifically are:

Easton ACC 3-60
Carbon Express Aramid 350

Both will be wrapped and fletched with Gateway Razyrs.

Whichever is spined better for my bow, that's the one I use. But I already have a sneaking suspicion of how this is gonna end up.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Which one is fatter for those nearly line cutting situations?

You're gonna miss those lincoln logs you shot last year.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don, I never said the FOC advantage was huge. I just stated it is there and Not just hype

Do like I did get both[8D]

Then you'll still be tossed back and forth

Aw Come On!! It's only $$$

Dan
Old 01-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Banned

I'll have to check out these new A/C/C hunter things you are all talking about. What are the improvements over the reg a/c/c?
Old 01-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

On the AM 35,the 3-61 is weak,you would need a 3-71 and that puts you perfectly in the green.

The arimid is slightly weak as well.

This is using Archers Advantage.I have found AA to be very accurate for broadhead tuning.

The arrow length is what is getting you.

HCH,the prohunters are all 9/32 diameter from the 440 spine up to the 300 spine.They use the HP inserts which should allow for better broadhead alignment than the olderstyle and they utilize the x nock while still using a uni bushing,which would allow for tracer nocks to be used.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:05 AM
Banned

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like my next arrow. I sure love my current A/C/C's so I am sure I will like these.

Quick Reply: Help me decide my arrows for the year....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.