Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buck Tag Soup - Pass the salt. (pics) >

Buck Tag Soup - Pass the salt. (pics)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buck Tag Soup - Pass the salt. (pics)

Old 01-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buck Tag Soup - Pass the salt. (pics)

very nice Ben!
Old 01-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Istill have a few days left b/4 tag soup. I can't complain-I've eated the tag for 5 years now but have passed on over 50 Bucks within 15 yds. over that time& some pretty decent. This is the winding down of my 52nd year of Bowhunting so i've killed plenty over the years.
I take the edge off with off season Bowhunts in Tx or Ok. for hogs & take a few does (IF) they cooperate.
2 hogs this year & 2 fat Iowa Does (twins in size). Chops marienating as I write this.
I had THREE different Big Boys VERY close this year-They are still big because they were within feet of making that fatal mistake & didn't-their 6th sence kicked in.I had one at 10 feet-he had to cleara big limb in MY tree-stopped & turned around. I could have shot him straight up the rear at 15 yds but just let him walk. No regrets.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

one of the twin Does.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

wis - Tag soup is never filling. I had one legit pass (on film) on a legal buck this year. I told Rob and others that asked after seeing the video that I wasn't regreting it then and I wouldn't at the end of the season. I don't, we got him, on film on his turf and we will hopefully see him next year.

Schultzy - Thanks, she is my arch enemy and has been. Sooner or later she has a date with 86 ft lbs of KE.

MGH_PA - Thanks for giving me a ride out of the stand tonight. The vids, well one certainly keeps me humble. As for the 2G tag, consider it done.[8D]

Mean V (Dan) - Thanks, this was one of the greatest seasons I had, mainly because of all the guys I was able to spend it with. I love the thought of a new season and new opportunities. Heck, I bought a treestand today. What can I say, I have a problem. As for hunting together, theinvitation is always open at my end. You're welcome in my camp anyday.

BP - Thanks, I fully expect to see you often this winter. Peanut Butter eggs are on me.

nybow, sr77 -Spending time in the field with good friends is as good as it gets in my book.

twild - What can I say, the freezer apparently been empty if not for that awesome excursion. Well, I would have been more trigger happy in rifle season if that would have been the case. But, I hope that "mob" hunt is gonna be an annual thing down there. Thanks a ton for the memories.

ahunter55 - That's what it's all about those close encounters, lets ya know you are still alive, ya know? I have been working on getting a group rate on a local hog hunt for this spring. Something I have never done, but have heard can be a blast. Any takers?[8D]

Old 01-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA
Mean V (Dan) - Thanks, this was one of the greatest seasons I had, mainly because of all the guys I was able to spend it with. I love the thought of a new season and new opportunities. Heck, I bought a treestand today. What can I say, I have a problem. As for hunting together, theinvitation is always open at my end. You're welcome in my camp anyday.
Ben, Same here!! I'd always share what I got!

I've been thinking of putting some kind of Bear or ???? Hunt together and fill the place with HNI members. So who knows??

Dan
Old 01-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

wis - Tag soup is never filling. I had one legit pass (on film) on a legal buck this year. I told Rob and others that asked after seeing the video that I wasn't regreting it then and I wouldn't at the end of the season. I don't, we got him, on film on his turf and we will hopefully see him next year.

Schultzy - Thanks, she is my arch enemy and has been. Sooner or later she has a date with 86 ft lbs of KE.

MGH_PA - Thanks for giving me a ride out of the stand tonight. The vids, well one certainly keeps me humble. As for the 2G tag, consider it done.[8D]

BP - Thanks, I fully expect to see you often this winter. Peanut Butter eggs are on me.

nybow, sr77 -Spending time in the field with good friends is as good as it gets in my book.

twild - What can I say, the freezer apparently been empty if not for that awesome excursion. Well, I would have been more trigger happy in rifle season if that would have been the case. But, I hope that "mob" hunt is gonna be an annual thing down there. Thanks a ton for the memories.

ahunter55
- That's what it's all about those close encounters, lets ya know you are still alive, ya know? I have been working on getting a group rate on a local hog hunt for this spring. Something I have never done, but have heard can be a blast. Any takers?[8D]

You know the hunt is on for next year. I just hope we have time to go out and relax this time instead of eating dead tired and just wanting to get to bed!Since the wife and I split I am moving out of the house looking for a townhome for Austin and I. So new home same hunt for 2009. I ahve spent a few days down there since christmas and I tell ya there are plenty of deer there! I been seeing close to 20 a night behind the mansion!
Old 01-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

well i as well had buck tag soup for dinner tonight but it was a decent season got a few big bucks on film in velvet and had a few encounters with smaller young bucks nothing im looking to shoot at but next year i will def get a doe tag so i can for sure get my first deer
Old 01-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Ben, Same here!! I'd always share what I got!

I've been thinking of putting some kind of Bear or ???? Hunt together and fill the place with HNI members. So who knows??

Dan
Spring bear? Everyone meet in Canada, first round of Labatts are on me.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Spring bear? Everyone meet in Canada, first round of Labatts are on me.
You're On!! I've already talked to a couple of outfitters.

The Best Bear Outfitter I ever hunted with Diedof a heart attack a couple of winters ago!

Dan
Old 01-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Hell, even I'd do a bear hunt. I'm in.

Quick Reply: Buck Tag Soup - Pass the salt. (pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.