Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight? >

Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

Old 01-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I can remember when 200fps was the bench mark, and 300fps was thought of as unattainable[8D]

Much less with a 61#, 28" draw

My BowTech Airborne 82nd, 61#, 28" draw, 330 grain arrow 312fps

Dan
Me too Dan. I was excited back in the day when I chrono'd my old bow and got 220...I had one of the fastest bow around LOL[8D]
When we hit 300 ibo...it seemed like that was all we would ever get....350 seemed about like landing on Pluto.

Funny thing is....I would bet most folks didn't kill any less deer with that technology...[8D]

Oh, and my comment above wasn't ashot at your suppressors...just pointing out howfunny it is to see how things change over time. Obviously its been proven they are a good thing....but a while back people would have bet their firstborn to prove that threory wrong.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I can remember when 200fps was the bench mark, and 300fps was thought of as unattainable[8D]

Much less with a 61#, 28" draw

My BowTech Airborne 82nd, 61#, 28" draw, 330 grain arrow 312fps

Dan
Me too Dan. I was excited back in the day when I chrono'd my old bow and got 220...I had one of the fastest bow around LOL[8D]
When we hit 300 ibo...it seemed like that was all we would ever get....350 seemed about like landing on Pluto.

Funny thing is....I would bet most folks didn't kill any less deer with that technology...[8D]

Oh, and my comment above wasn't ashot at your suppressors...just pointing out howfunny it is to see how things change over time. Obviously its been proven they are a good thing....but a while back people would have bet their firstborn to prove that threory wrong.
WV, I attended a Bow Jamboree in the late 70's, early 80's where they had a Speed tent and everyone was chronoing there bows. The entire weekend there was only 5 bows that broke 200fps[8D]

As far as the suppressor, I had a Bow company rep that told me a few years ago that he felt like my String Suppressors put astrain on a bow.

I guess a lot of people have changed there mind.

Dan
Old 01-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Host of Hosts

Well since I'm the only one who's seen this bow in person and held it in my hands.So far. I just returned from the ATA show.All I can say is this bow is something else. I didn't get to shoot it at the show but the shop owner did. He's ordered more of them than any other in the line up. He said it was super smooth and held great, no shock and super quiet.I heard it go off a few times without anything but the rest and it is almost as quiet as the Center Pivot bows.

Put it this way. I ordered one already without even shooting it.

The rest is simply amazing...I don't know what else to say.It will sell itself.

Im just kidding, but seriously...is there any difference between that sight and a Spot Hogg?
They do look alot alike, but the Octane has all worm gear adjustments...pins are brighter

It never fails that when I go to an ATA show I go with the feeling that the technology and innovation has reached it's limits, but there are always a few things that come out that blow you away. Again Bowtech led the category in WOW factor.

Their new clothing line is simply amazing as well. If I remember correctly they said they had 48 new hats out(includes Diamond and Ross) a real nice line up of shooter apparel, and numerous new Fleece and outerwear items. Custom embroidery available as well.

Bowtech stole the show once again.

Another thing I noticed at the show is Michael Waddell has his new logo and brand name for BONE COLLECTOR on everything....I mean Everything.

Morrell targets, A new Hoyt Alphamax Bone Collector Bow and Power Hawk Bow, A huge Clothing line, Ground Blinds by I beleive Ameristep...ect ..ect.
His logo is everwhere.

There were a few new arrow rests coming out from a few new companies that looked good. One is a spin off of the Hostage rest that when released the brushes pull away from the arrow and into the surrounding housing that works pretty well. I can't remember the company right now.

One last thing is I got ole' Buckeye to cough up a new hat from Bowhunting dot com, but I had to wear it right away and throughout the rest of the show. It was worth it. I got to meet a few guys by wearing it as it really stands out. It's like wearing flourecent(sp) orange but in blue. It's a real nice hat( good jobs guys) it really gets noticed.

Anyway I got to meet...and I'm sorry if I forget someone I know I will

duke michaels..j fergus..racewayking..toddgraf..justin...jmbuckhunt er..peakrut and .....????
Missed the HB guys somehow. I think Jeff forgot my Fleece jacket and avoided me.It must have been that hat making me stand out. Jeff you forgot to write down my cell number didn't you? [&:]

Sorry no pictures as my camera crapped out after taking two pics...That wasn't good.

Overall very nice show alot of giveaways and celebrity sightings. Met alot of great people.

We left a day early to avoid the snow storm heading that way. We had written all our orders and were really just waiting till morning to head out. We made a good decision as it looks now.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Eh...hardcore, don't me started on this bow. I really like the looks and specs on it. I am not looking to replace my Alley, but that bow really got my attention.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Host of Hosts

Well since I'm the only one who's seen this bow in person and held it in my hands.So far.

Oops sorry I didn't read through the posts far enough
Old 01-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I'm waiting to see pics of the shoot through system on the Sentinel and Brigadier........I've looked everywhere and no one seems to have one yet. [:-]
Heck, RJ... all you had to do was send me a text and I would have walked over to it and snapped a pic with my phone and sent it to you in a couple seconds.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I'm waiting to see pics of the shoot through system on the Sentinel and Brigadier........I've looked everywhere and no one seems to have one yet. [:-]
Heck, RJ... all you had to do was send me a text and I would have walked over to it and snapped a pic with my phone and sent it to you in a couple seconds.
[8D]

I should have, I think you were the only one I didn't send a text to asking for one.........no one sent one though. I figured you guys were swamped there, I know what it's like to work a busy show (did it 13 times for work last year).

Is it being marketed under the Octane name?
Old 01-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

We were absolutely swamped, Matt.... but I would have done it if I'd known you wanted to see it; it's REALLY slick.

I spenta good deal of time talking with our head design guru about it and he said that on most bows, after they get them tuned to perfection and have a good shooter shoot at a spot and then put bows in Hooter Shooters and aim at that same spot, that usually the difference in POI between the two is usually around 4 - 4.5 inches or so.

With this system installed, the distances are averaging more like 1 - 1.5" apart. While that's not a truly "scientific" way of evaluating the system, I think it says a lot about its inherent forgiveness that it's going to provide.

I'm not sure if the product will fall under the Octane line or not.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great...now you're making me tempted by the Brigadier even more...why did I have to buy a house?[8D]
Old 01-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt, I saw the shoot thru system, it's a double roller gaurd that has a big Y at the end splitting the 2 cables. I think buckeye may have taken some pics.

Here is a link to more reviews from the show. http://www.bowhunting.com/blog/

Quick Reply: Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.