Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight? >

Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

Old 01-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

The sight looks awesome..
Old 01-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

Very cool bow for sure. Not a big fan of shorter ATA bows, but it's definitely looking like this will be quite the shooter. I'm eying up the sight more than anything.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, Saw it on AT! I may have to shoot one.

Dan
Old 01-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I'm waiting to see pics of the shoot through system on the Sentinel and Brigadier........I've looked everywhere and no one seems to have one yet. [:-]
Search on AT and you will find it. Someone had a target color shoot thruSentinel that looked freaking AWESOME...
Old 01-10-2009, 12:06 AM

Am I looking at a Spot Hogg sight with magnets?[8D]

Im just kidding, but seriously...is there any difference between that sight and a Spot Hogg? They look identical to me.

Bow looks pretty cool as well, but Im not sure about that whole loopty thing at the bottom. Just don't look right to me. BUT, I'm betting it is just as good a shooter as all the other Bowtechs. Funny they kind of kept an Ace in the Hole after revealing their line for the year, only to drag out another. Was this an afterthought after seeing other lines, or a long time in planning? I'd be pissed if Ialready ordered an Admiral or Captain and came to find out this bow was the real shooter of the year. Have the other bows been for sale yet, or was this not even possible?

Pretty cool looking stuff.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Am I looking at a Spot Hogg sight with magnets?[8D]

Im just kidding, but seriously...is there any difference between that sight and a Spot Hogg? They look identical to me.

Bow looks pretty cool as well, but Im not sure about that whole loopty thing at the bottom. Just don't look right to me. BUT, I'm betting it is just as good a shooter as all the other Bowtechs. Funny they kind of kept an Ace in the Hole after revealing their line for the year, only to drag out another. Was this an afterthought after seeing other lines, or a long time in planning? I'd be pissed if Ialready ordered an Admiral or Captain and came to find out this bow was the real shooter of the year. Have the other bows been for sale yet, or was this not even possible?

Pretty cool looking stuff.
That is exactly what i was thinking. Maybe Spot Hogg is building them for Octane???
Derek
Old 01-10-2009, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Although there are quite a few resemblances, I don't think Bowtech would have Spott Hogg manufacture a sight for them. The light mount/housing I like. It appears it would eliminate any bleed through from the light during hunting situations. Ben pointed this "flaw" out on his Viper MicroTune to me.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was at the Bowtech Booth yesterday at ATA and can say it was the place to be, crammed with people and many new innovative products.

The new drop away was nice but what worries me is that it is inertia activated, I played with the display unit with Peakrut for a few minutes and the concept of more moving parts mixed with cold and icy conditions made me wonder how well it would perform in all conditions. I was actually looking at the hostage pro and considering putting it on my Hoyt Katera to keep it simple yet reliable and they are packaging it with a stiffer set of brushes.

The site was nice but then again there are numerous other site manufactuers out there so it wasn't anything that stopped me in my tracks. If you are looking to keep all your accessories within the Bowtech family the sites are worth looking into.

The Octane Quivers are awesome, there seemed to be a trend at ATA where there were a lot of high end quivers costing over 100 bucks, something I don't see myself dropping such coin for.

The new bow is interesting, the one worry I see is the configuration of the cams. Again more moving parts, but I'm sure they have shot plenty of arrows through them before bringing them to market. Bowtech/Diamond/Ross and their Octane accesory line were impressive and it looks like it will be a very successful year for them. One standout I saw was the Ross Carnivore, very smooth looking bow with some of the meanest cams I have ever seen.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

That yoke setup on the bow looks very similar to the late 80's golden eagles....

Its funny how this whole archery industrygoes. Back then, everyone said you HAD to move to a split yoke system, and that the "old" technology was no good,so itgot the boot. Now its back, LOL

Kinda like a while back everyone was having a fit with anything that stopped the forward momentum of strings and cables, and now we have numerous companies making a living selling items that do exactly what was 100% taboo 5yrs ago.

Makes you wonder sometimes how much real progress they can make on what we already have. I will admit, 10yrs ago I didn't think they could ever get a bow to shoot 350fps ibo. I think we definitely have had some great improvements in technology for sure, but I also think alot of it is spin and hype....marketing at its best.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can remember when 200fps was the bench mark, and 300fps was thought of as unattainable[8D]

Much less with a 61#, 28" draw

My BowTech Airborne 82nd, 61#, 28" draw, 330 grain arrow 312fps

Dan

Quick Reply: Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.