Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight? >

Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

Old 01-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Banned

Default Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

I AM!! All the rave over on AT and other places. The bow is pretty sweet looking, so is their Tripwire dropaway, and their new sight. Looks like some new technology. You bow gurus can give explicit details. I have to admit, that as as soon as I can shoot one, I will be.Some info I grabbed from another forum below.

The Air Raid

Here is what is new with Bowtech / Diamond / Octane:

Bowtech:

Bowtech Air Raid
32 3/4" ATA
7" Brace
IBO 328 - 336 fps
26 - 30" draw (no mods)
Advantage Timber camo only (looks great with bronze colored cams and pockets)
new cams- binaries with a let out track on both sides of the cam- equalizes pressure from the cables with a splitter on the cable.
Retails $799

Diamond:

Nuclear Ice
ATA- short!
13" - 23" draw (no mods)
10 - 30" adjustable limbs
Not sure on speed, but quick for what it is.
Retails with sight, rest, quiver and 3 arrows for $199
GREAT kids bow.

Octane:

Sight- micro adjust everything. Target and hunter model (both 5 pin .019)
Magnetic light attachment to it
Retails $160 - 190

Bantam Weight Quiver
1 piece
no magnets
lightweight
attaches on top quiver mount where two piece would normally go.
Retail $89

Tripwire Drop Away Rest
drop away which stays up longer during shot.
Want to say retail is $119- don't remember for sure....

All the items are nice.

We also have a Sentinel with the shoot through system on it and a new prototype of a clamp that goes on the sttring supressor in the rear to allow V Bars.

Sorry- no pics. I worked the booth all day and didn't even think about getting any.

The target colored Sentinels and Brigadiers are SWEET.....
Old 01-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

I hope theyve tested the new bow well I looks like they have taken the admiral/captain stylecams and put them on a short riser 82nd/101st platform. Interesting to say the least.

Derek
Old 01-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

I really like the looks of the bow however I am not buying into the selling point of the fancy split harness system. Evidently its needed it or it wouldn't be a shooter. Split harness systems have been in production for many many years. I guess what I am saying isits a nice bow as is but don't try to sell me on the point the harness system is something extra special and charge me extra.......its a necessity for this binary system and nothing wrong with that.

Having said all that..........I really want to check the bow out before I make a purchase!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just added a contender for my spring bow purchase and a serious on at that. Can't wait to shoot it.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Banned

I just posted new pics for those that didn't see the other items
Old 01-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'll be ordering the Air Raid as well as the sight, target with pins. Love the dovetail design. Love the color on the Air Raid. Reminds me of a shorter and faster Ally. If it shoots similar, I may have a favorite new bow. The Ally and 82nd are still in the lineup as well as the Admiral and Carnivore and soon to be Iceman. .
Old 01-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Banned

I swore I wouldn't buy a new bow again and just buy the last years models...and then i see this and once I shoot it..I may be eating crow.

One of my favorite sayings is that," you will never see a Uhaul behind a hearse".
Old 01-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whoa! Where did this come from? Will it be part of the '09 line up Im assuming? Looks awesome.... kinda like an Allegiance.... mixed with a little bit of Elite[:-]
Old 01-09-2009, 08:11 PM

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Whoa! Where did this come from? Will it be part of the '09 line up Im assuming? Looks awesome.... kinda like an Allegiance.... mixed with a little bit of Elite[:-]
I don't know if it is true or not but I heard on ArcheryTalk the rumor is that it will be coming out in July, again I don't know just a rumor. So I don't know if it will be an 09 1/2 or a 010? Interesting strategy!

That is a sweet bow for sure, it has all of the specs that I am looking for in a bow and another reezen to by a Bowtech.

Question, Did they screw up with the SWAT or something?
Old 01-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm waiting to see pics of the shoot through system on the Sentinel and Brigadier........I've looked everywhere and no one seems to have one yet. [:-]

Quick Reply: Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.