Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight? >

Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

Old 01-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

Not me. But only because the new crazy risers are more "exciting", IMO- having been out of the sport the past sev years.

Looks kinda like the old Extreme VFT-nice looking bow. Funny how the old is new again (the cable yoke- kinda like the old Bear jennings bows- Carbon Extreme, etc)

The arrow rest looks great too.

I couldn't get into $100 quivers when Mathews started that BS, and I still can't with these Octane and Hoyt models I saw today (anyone else love that Bohning Panther quiver ad?)
Old 01-10-2009, 07:10 PM

Default RE: Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

I had a Bohning prior to my new Octane and it ain't nearly as good as my Octane. I paid $37 for my Bohning and I paid $80 for a brand new Octane on Ebay that is solid, performs well with the bow, and will last a life time.

For about $50 you can get an Apine quiver that performs well when shot attached to the bow but that is about the most affordable I could find. However, I went with the Octane because like I said it will last a life time. It also matches the camo pattern of my bow and looks like pretty good bling bling.[8D]
Old 01-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Def I can see the worth in a expensive super solid and quiet model if you shoot with a quiver on the bow- I don't, so a high $ quiver's worth far less to me personally. I need it to hold my arrows when I walk into the woods, and when I walk out of them- that's it

Old 01-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yo, Jeff... whazzup? (I did see your "Hello" on the Predator thread, by the way -- so, see? It wasn't wasted breath after all like you thought! )

The new Bantamweight Octane quiver carries an MSRP of $89.99 if I remember correctly, so it should make a lot more people happier at that price point. And you though the other ones could adjust in every direction imagineable? This one's crazy adjustable.

Also don't know if anyone's mentioned it in this thread about the new Air Raid, but one of the coolest things about the bow is it's being offered in 65-lb. and 75-lb limbs (which I'm a HUGE proponent of that as that's been a suggestion of mine for a couple years ). For a $50 upcharge, you can also order an 85-lb. model, and... yes, it carries the full warranty as well. Most of the guys I know who order 70-lb. bows don't hunt with them maxed out; I know I've got seven bows hanging downstairs ... all of them are 70-lb. models, and all of them are set at 65 lbs. It's a great offering, in my opinion.

The Tripwire rest is NICE... very nice. I've got six Limbdrives (and a Muzzy Zero Effect on my Ally), and I'll probably be selling them all off this summer and replacing them with this one. I really like the fact that the arrow is supported through over 75% of the shot cycle, yet the launcher fires down so quickly it still easily gets out of the way of the fletching. The titanium launcher blade overlayed with a quiet plastic-like material is sweet, too. For those guys who like a bit more flex to their launcher arm, the rest will also ship with a spring steel arm as well.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Def I can see the worth in a expensive super solid and quiet model if you shoot with a quiver on the bow- I don't, so a high $ quiver's worth far less to me personally. I need it to hold my arrows when I walk into the woods, and when I walk out of them- that's it
Give that man a cigar...my thoughts exactly. I can't believe I was a knucklehaed and spent over $100 on a Fuse satori quiver I just bought a $25 Alpine Bear Claw for my new 82nd and couldn't be happier. Better looking than my Fuse and holds the arrows just as well. I had a softlok alpine but wehn I would walk and bump the quiver against my leg, it would knock it out of it's lock. Gave it to the ex...good riddance with it and her This Bear Claw is even quiet when I shoot with it on, real cool lock on it and holds my arrows nicely. I take the thing off as soon as I get in a tree and I just bought a Cat Quiver VI which will be my new elk hunting quiver. I hate a quiver on my bow for hunting.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Yo, Jeff... whazzup? (I did see your "Hello" on the Predator thread, by the way -- so, see? It wasn't wasted breath after all like you thought! )

The new Bantamweight Octane quiver carries an MSRP of $89.99 if I remember correctly, so it should make a lot more people happier at that price point. And you though the other ones could adjust in every direction imagineable? This one's crazy adjustable.

Also don't know if anyone's mentioned it in this thread about the new Air Raid, but one of the coolest things about the bow is it's being offered in 65-lb. and 75-lb limbs (which I'm a HUGE proponent of that as that's been a suggestion of mine for a couple years ). For a $50 upcharge, you can also order an 85-lb. model, and... yes, it carries the full warranty as well. Most of the guys I know who order 70-lb. bows don't hunt with them maxed out; I know I've got seven bows hanging downstairs ... all of them are 70-lb. models, and all of them are set at 65 lbs. It's a great offering, in my opinion.

The Tripwire rest is NICE... very nice. I've got six Limbdrives (and a Muzzy Zero Effect on my Ally), and I'll probably be selling them all off this summer and replacing them with this one. I really like the fact that the arrow is supported through over 75% of the shot cycle, yet the launcher fires down so quickly it still easily gets out of the way of the fletching. The titanium launcher blade overlayed with a quiet plastic-like material is sweet, too. For those guys who like a bit more flex to their launcher arm, the rest will also ship with a spring steel arm as well.
Yes...a bow performs best at peak weight. I always wonder why guys don't peak their bows out. Why don't you Greg? Bowtech tech dept told me in a phone call that a bow is designed to be shot peaked out.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Today's efficient bow designs don't necessitate shooting with them maxed out, Don. Was the guy who answered the phone wrong? No, you may get 1,000th of a percent more efficiency with the bow's limbs bottomed out... Is that going to matter in the real world? Not one bit.

I keep all my bows at 65 because that's a VERY comfortable weight for me -- even when it's 23 degrees outside, I'm bundled up with extra clothes on, and the muscles aren't warmed up and I may have been sitting on stand in those temps for several hours. At that weight, I can STILL pick up my bow and in one easy, fluid motion ease the string back without having to exert any tremendous amount of extra straining. Can I shoot 70-lb bows and beyond? Of course. I do too much weightlifting to NOT be able to, but I've found over the years it's a different ballgame under the afore-described conditions.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Banned

Of course. I do too much weightlifting to NOT be able to,

Yea...know what ya mean[8D] Edit...this is for Chris
Old 01-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Of course. I do too much weightlifting to NOT be able to,

Yea...know what ya mean[8D]
WTF? [:'(] Come on man, wheres your dignity?
Old 01-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Banned

lol.....hidden behind the weights buddy

Quick Reply: Who's excited about the new Bowtech Air Raid, their new drop away, and their new sight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.