Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do Hunting Pros/Personalities affect your purchases? >

Do Hunting Pros/Personalities affect your purchases?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do Hunting Pros/Personalities affect your purchases?

Old 01-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Do Hunting Pros/Personalities affect your purchases?

I'm one of those people who could not give a crap about hunting "pros". The TV personalities, etc. I've never been a fan of "the industry" in general, but thats another thread.

I know however, there are a large percentage of Hunter's who have to/want to shoot/buy what the pro's use/reccomend. I've seen people who would buy whatever Bill Jordan, Waddell, Chuck Adams, The Nuge, Phil Phillips, Bob Robb, or Dan Fitgerald, (or insert your Pro/TV personality/Writer/3D shooter of choice here), said was the newest and baddest.

I've never understood this mentality. Even Hunter's/Pro's I admire, don't affect my buying in any measurable way. I've always bought what works for me, or things *I* wanted to try or at least felt would work well. I find more often than not forums like these- comprised of regular hunter's like you and I-are FAR better sources of solid information than 24/7 infommercials like the Hunting Video and Hunting TV show industry.

About the only way I've ever been affected by these people is *AVOIDING* their products/reccomendations because of their personalities or (lack of) "ethics".

thoughts?
Old 01-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do Hunting Pros/Personalities affect your purchases?

There is no main stream hunting pro that would influence my purchase of a product in any way.There are some authors and hunters who have produced video's who may create an interest in a particular product for me.I rely much more on every day folks who I know have nothing to gain by speaking either positively or negatively about some thing.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are a few products that I would avoid due to who is promoting them. Anything promoted by Keith Warren or the Wildgame Innovation staff.....nope.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

No, ill buy what i want, besides i don't even know what most hunting "pros" endorse so it dosen't matter to me.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not a chance!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Nope. Although, they do sometimes make me aware of a product, which I never buy because they push it. After further review, maybe I do sometimes. For example, Primos turkey mouth calls. I tried them years ago because I love Will Primos.I've used their calls ever since. I start out buying way more than I need and probably have 30 of them laying around I won't even try come this spring. I'll just go out and buy anothe 4 or 5 and go from there. LOL Go figure. Other than that, nope, I never buy because someone is hawking an item. Somethings I would never try because of who's pushing it.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never been influenced by what the so called "pro's" use... I don't get the point in buying something that they use when it might not even work in the area you hunt or the way you hunt...I have never understood the mentality of the people who are so influenced by the t.v industry in general. Not for me never will be...
Old 01-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

I'm old school, buy what feels good to me and works.Not afraid to ask other hunters what they use, if I see them being successful with a specific product, that I've seen advertised.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

no i don't care who is promoting a product i buy for different reasons than that
Old 01-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Truthfully no, the guys i look up to (and actually know)effect me more.

Quick Reply: Do Hunting Pros/Personalities affect your purchases?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.