Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do Hunting Pros/Personalities affect your purchases? >

Do Hunting Pros/Personalities affect your purchases?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do Hunting Pros/Personalities affect your purchases?

No. In fact, I think I am kinda the opposite....sometimes they try so hard to force feed whatever it is they are selling it makes me want to throw up, and I often won't buy that. Not everyone is like that, but some of them - their entire existence seems to be to push something.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:09 PM

You know, I really don't think so in my case as I only watched rifle hunting shows prior to me buying my Diamond. I think I was browsing bass pro shops website for my first bow looking at all of them like Parker, Reflex and so on and the Black Ice just caught my eye and I was like WOW I have her and like Oh yes, she will be mine.

But on the other hand, I can see how a personality on tv can influence you to go with a product. It's basically all on the person and how they are programmed to think really. Positive thoughts and first impressions really do lead to positive influence. I don't know if anyone else here watches Big Horn Outdoors but I started taking a liking to that show and now it's got me thinking about an Alpine Sabre.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

No. In fact, I think I am kinda the opposite....sometimes they try so hard to force feed whatever it is they are selling it makes me want to throw up, and I often won't buy that. Not everyone is like that, but some of them - their entire existence seems to be to push something.
ME 2. One time on American Archer, the whole dumb episode was an infomercial for Scentlok; THE WHOLE EPISODE[:'(] Made me gag.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like to put on my hunting clothes, pick up my bow, and then...go hunting! I don't give one thought to what the "pros" do or say. I could care less. That being said, I respect their right to make a living in the industry and many of them are bound to be good hunters.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

I think hunters have gotten smarter the last several years. Though I am still amazed at the number of products that even make it into production.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes - I shy away from most anything they promote.

Steve
Old 01-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not at all.[:'(]
Old 01-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will not buy anything that is pushed by the come er deer guy or that blonde guy that kisses fish they both give outdoorsman bad names.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I listen very closely to certain professional archers. I don't take everything they say as gospel, but you better believe when they speak I'm listening.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

i could care less who endources it. i look at reviews and then i test the product out to see if i like it. they have no effect on my decision what so ever

Quick Reply: Do Hunting Pros/Personalities affect your purchases?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.