Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Did you have the year you wanted? >

Did you have the year you wanted?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did you have the year you wanted?

Old 01-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Did you have the year you wanted?

I couldn't have asked for a better season and it's going to be hard to beat! Im 15 and this year was my first archery season with a compound bow. After practicing day after day in the summer my hard work payed off. I shot a doe and a 8 point buck in PA this year in archery and I cant wait till next year!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

This was probably my worst season of hunting I've had. Based on Animals down..

I had a lot of fun trying though

But, 2009 is the year of the Kyle (not the Ox, or whatever)

Ihave big things planned.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

not even close got my stand half stolen. Lost the private land i thought i was going to get on. Messed my knee up again. I think next year will be better i just bought a cabin in the middle of a huge SRA up north plan to spend two weeks out of every month up there hunting come next season
Old 01-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did not have the year I wanted for deer/mature buck sightings but I did have an Incredible good time while being out In the woods and enjoying what mother nature offers!!
x2...and in addition,I had tons of fun putting friends and family members on a lot of animals.My highlights: I had awonderful trip to Africa, and I helped a terminally ill cancer patient harvest a nice5x5 mule deer, a pronghorn buck, and an elk. Ok Bailey, meeting you ranked right up there!

Old 01-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Banned

Best I have ever had; God really blessed me. 3 bucks; 2 of which are Pope and Youngs, 3rd was very respectable, a huge mature doe, and an elk. I hunted 3 states, all strange land that I had never set foot on.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

My year sucked, but thats ok. It was my first year bow hunting. I seen some of the biggest bucks this year but no shots. I'm hooked just next year I hope I at lest see a cow.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

This past season has exceeded my hopes/expectations by a mile
Old 01-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

Ups and downs....mostly ups. Great early to mid-season, then circumstances made my season low point for a few weeks before the late season gave me some amazing moments in the woods. Got one doe and an average buck, really screwed up on a wall hanger and passed on way too many does looking for a chance at another big one. All in all a pretty good season.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:25 PM

I honestly thought this was the year I would tag a P&Y buck...it did not happen. not even close. however, I finished another year without a miss or wounded animal..3 yrs running with 100% recovery on 18 deer and no mishaps. Im proud of that and I believe it all has to do with the extra practice I put in and calm nerves. I took 5 deer with a bow this year and never saw a good buck in the woods, but still had lots of fun trying!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Spike

Best year ever and its still not over!

Quick Reply: Did you have the year you wanted?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.