Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ethical dilema.......what would you do??? (Update!) (Ending to the story) (Pics) >

Ethical dilema.......what would you do??? (Update!) (Ending to the story) (Pics)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ethical dilema.......what would you do??? (Update!) (Ending to the story) (Pics)

Old 01-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ethical dilema.......what would you do???(Pics)

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

It's an old injury, pretty well healed and it looks like he's healthy. No doubt a car related injury. It'd depend on how I felt at the moment but given that he looks fine I'd probably let him carry on. If he looked to be suffering or it was a fresh injury I'd definitely drop him.
Rob,
Good points, and I agree 100%. I know quite a few disabled people who are quite happy being alive, but at the same time, if he looked like he was suffering, I'd do the HUMANE thing and put him down. I made that choice back in November and I have no regrets about it as that deer was shot from the same tree I'd arrowed a coyote from just 2 wks. earlier.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Banned

I would shoot him, put him out of his misery, and leave him for nature. I wouldn't eat him and he looks unhealthy to me. Too small of rack to shoot even if he was healthy.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

LRarcher......what the hell does this mean and are you under the influence of any drugs or alcohol? First off that deer if you look carefully, I take it you are not very observant, that deer has had the injury for some time. Secondly, who are you to question why someone would ever post any question? Thirdly, put yourself in his shoes and do what you want done to you question is bizarre. I may think you are a PETA person hitting the site. You my friend are foolish......

ORIGINAL: LRarcher

no you don't want to help out an animal that is sure to die of starvation if any thing else happens to him.

I really don't have a damn clue as to why you would ask such a stupid question.

put your self in his situation and do as you would want done to your self.

foolish
Old 01-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Spike

Personally it looks like a berth defect to me. If you compare hime to the deer next to him, The odd buck has no hoofs. He walks on feet similar to a dog.If it was a injury he would have one side of his rack out of wack. That guy was born that way. I would shoot him and take a good look, actually quite a trophy in my book because he is different.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

yeah, its not right as a sportsman to let that lil guy suffer.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's an old injury,he doesn't look effected in any other way.I would not be shooting.If he is obviously sufferring thats another story but as others have said deer are very tough and they can live a good long time on three legs.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Def. jacked by a car. He looks like he is in good health. I love the "wait to last day" comments...how in the hell are you gunna make him just show up? lol [8D]
Old 01-08-2009, 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: mahoningbuck

LRarcher......what the hell does this mean and are you under the influence of any drugs or alcohol? First off that deer if you look carefully, I take it you are not very observant, that deer has had the injury for some time. Secondly, who are you to question why someone would ever post any question?

WOW you are a DUMB SH!T

the thing can't walk properly------- cant out run any threats

will most likely never mate

is probably in a lot of pain ( I figure that just because his whole DAMN leg & hip has been crushed in )

according to you because the deer has had this funked leg & hip for some time it is healed and he feels no pain. why waste a tag on him ????? why shoot an animal that could possibly be in pain ?? but "he dose not look like he is in pain" must be because he is not wearing a sign for you to under stand.

GET A BRAIN
Old 01-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LRarcher

ORIGINAL: mahoningbuck

LRarcher......what the hell does this mean and are you under the influence of any drugs or alcohol? First off that deer if you look carefully, I take it you are not very observant, that deer has had the injury for some time. Secondly, who are you to question why someone would ever post any question?

WOW you are a DUMB SH!T

the thing can't walk properly------- cant out run any threats

will most likely never mate

is probably in a lot of pain ( I figure that just because his whole DAMN leg & hip has been crushed in )

according to you because the deer has had this funked leg & hip for some time it is healed and he feels no pain. why waste a tag on him ????? why shoot an animal that could possibly be in pain ?? but "he dose not look like he is in pain" must be because he is not wearing a sign for you to under stand.

GET A BRAIN
So now we should go and shoot every aninal that is in pain?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

So now we should go and shoot every aninal that is in pain?

all animals are in pain, but perhaps the ones with crushed legs & hips, who is a sitting duck for any predator.

I will shoot animals in that pain, you can shoot your new species called aninal though

Quick Reply: Ethical dilema.......what would you do??? (Update!) (Ending to the story) (Pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.