Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Interested In buying a compound >

Interested In buying a compound

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Interested In buying a compound

Old 01-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Interested In buying a compound

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Steve, If you decide to look at a new bow. One of the best sellers is the Diamond Edge. Renamed Razor Edge this year. You should be able to get one in the $280 range, maybe less, and an add on package is available for about $50, Sight, peep, rest, quiver, sling.

Draw length is adjustable from 19" to 29"

Dan
Yep, that's what I was thinking too (Razor Edge).... To go along with the length adjustability, the draw weight is adjustable from 29-60lbs!
Old 01-09-2009, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wingchaser_labs

I realize you are a trad guy by heart and I dont know your history of your gfs feelings on trad vs modern but i would let her decide if she likes fingers or release. She has to be happy with what she is shooting no matter what gear she is using. Being a beginer she might be more comfortable with a release. May give her extra lbs to pull if her fingers arent real tuff. Just a thought. Glad to hear she is gettin involved. Put my gf on her first ever deer this year and she shot a dandy doe. First deer and it was with a bow. WCL
Me or her not shooting a release has nothing to do with me shooting a traditional bow. I can't believe this!! Have most of you forgot the basics of shooting with fingers, It Isn't that damn hard! I should of never posted this thread, unreal!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Calm down sparky! I am going over to Perham for wrestling tonite and ill check out what they have. BTW I have and can shoot fingers with my Drenalin.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

PM sent TeeJay with her measurements, thanks bud! I'm heading out fishing!!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Typical Buck

The fingers vs. release deal reminded me of a funny storya pro shop owner (who is also a VERY accomplished hunter) told me last week. He said he was shooting a handheld release at the time and kept it in his pocket while he was ranging a big boar hog. He got to within 20 yds and the boar saw him and started his way. He quickly reached for his release and realized it had fallen out of his pocket! With nothing else to do, he said he drew back with his fingers and killed that dude deader than a doornail. He said "Who needs a stupid release anyway!".
Old 01-09-2009, 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Sooner State Hunter

The fingers vs. release deal reminded me of a funny storya pro shop owner (who is also a VERY accomplished hunter) told me last week. He said he was shooting a handheld release at the time and kept it in his pocket while he was ranging a big boar hog. He got to within 20 yds and the boar saw him and started his way. He quickly reached for his release and realized it had fallen out of his pocket! With nothing else to do, he said he drew back with his fingers and killed that dude deader than a doornail. He said "Who needs a stupid release anyway!".