Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Interested In buying a compound >

Interested In buying a compound

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Interested In buying a compound

Old 01-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Interested In buying a compound

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia
Chit your rolling in the milk, buy her both!
Pour it on Him!![8D]

Dan
Old 01-08-2009, 12:16 PM

I would check out the Parker Bows shultzy... They have a great line for begginers.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:28 PM

I wouldn't be too quick to rule out a release....Maybe start her on it just to prove she can be good with a bow and hit the target, and not loose interest...and then teach her to shoot fingers once she has become really interested in it.

No help on bows though. I have a Browning Rage that I shoot fingers with for Bowfishing, and it is a youth or "growing bow" as we sometimes call them. Bought a package for less than 250 4-5 years ago. 10" Draw length adjustments, 36"ish ATA I think, and 45-55#, but i think 35-45# is available....any way I have freakin ABUSED that bow beyond what should be legal, and it holds up fine. If it can survive a night in the boat with some of my clumsy friends...it can survive any hunting. You could get a used one for in the hundreds, new in the two hundreds.

Good luck!
Old 01-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck Steve, and congratulations. I've been on my wife for 2 years to let me get her a bow and start hunting with me. I've had no luck. Good luck with the g/f.
Chris
Old 01-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats awesome Schultzy. Cant wait to see pics of her 1st bowkill next season!
Old 01-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive got a whisker biscuit if your interested Steve.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Typical Buck

I started my wife in bowhunting last yr with a PSE Nova then when she was ready to step up I bought her a Ross 331. The Nova is good starter bow and I'd make you a heckuva deal if you're interested.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks everyone, great Info here. Shane, I plan on looking into the PSE's as well. My mother and sister In law both shoot one, both shoot fingers and have no problem with finger pinch.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bought a Diamond Edge for my 11 year old son. I think it would be a great bow in your price range. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

This Is not for me, I'll stick with my recurve's. The g/f surprised the hell out of me a few days ago and asked me what a bow, arrows, camo would cost her If she was to get Into bow hunting? I told her It wouldn't cost her anything If she was Interested In getting Into It and that I would pick up the tab. I can tell you this that I'm not going to be buying a 700.00 dollar bow for her. A 300.00 to 400.00 dollar bow will kill them just as much! The compound I'm going to get her will not be shot with a release, It will be fingers only. I plan on getting her bow for her birthday which Is March 11th so I've got plenty of time to do some looking. I figured I'd ask you all for opinions and see what you all think and say on what I should possibly go with. I'm a recurve shooter so I've been out of the compound scene for about 13 years. The compound I plan on getting her will have to be a little longer then what you all shoot to avoid the finger pinch when shooting fingers.

What you all think? Thanks In advance!
I realize you are a trad guy by heart and I dont know your history of your gfs feelings on trad vs modern but i would let her decide if she likes fingers or release. She has to be happy with what she is shooting no matter what gear she is using. Being a beginer she might be more comfortable with a release. May give her extra lbs to pull if her fingers arent real tuff. Just a thought. Glad to hear she is gettin involved. Put my gf on her first ever deer this year and she shot a dandy doe. First deer and it was with a bow. WCL

Quick Reply: Interested In buying a compound

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.