Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Interested In buying a compound >

Interested In buying a compound

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Interested In buying a compound

Old 01-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Interested In buying a compound

Just a little bit of advice from being down this road before. I got my GF a lightweight recurve to shoot & have fun with & learn on... well not hittingthe target was not fun for her at all. I think I messed up big time, I should have gotten her a compound and a release.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Real short it is the bow I bought for Jake (my 11 yr old).

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Steve, If you decide to look at a new bow. One of the best sellers is the Diamond Edge. Renamed Razor Edge this year. You should be able to get one in the $280 range, maybe less, and an add on package is available for about $50, Sight, peep, rest, quiver, sling.

Draw length is adjustable from 19" to 29"

Dan
Whats the length on this bow?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Steve, If you decide to look at a new bow. One of the best sellers is the Diamond Edge. Renamed Razor Edge this year. You should be able to get one in the $280 range, maybe less, and an add on package is available for about $50, Sight, peep, rest, quiver, sling.

Dan
That is the same bow i picked out for my G/F last year. Its a really nice bow that is very adjustable. The only problem i see with it is the ATA still being quite short. I really dont know what is too short for fingers but either way its a nice bow.

Derek
Old 01-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would say anything under 38".

ORIGINAL: drockw

Dan
That is the same bow i picked out for my G/F last year. Its a really nice bow that is very adjustable. The only problem i see with it is the ATA still being quite short. I really dont know what is too short for fingers but either way its a nice bow.

Derek
Old 01-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Real short it is the bow I bought for Jake (my 11 yr old).

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Dan
Whats the length on this bow?
I told him 31" [8D]

Dan
Old 01-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty much any compound these days made in fairly recent years will do her just fine as long as it fits her. Also, im with these guys when they tell ya to get her a release, it will be much more consistent and easier to shoot, thus, limiting frustration (You know how those women deal with frustration). If you want her to stick with it I would make sure to keep it as enjoyable as possible for her. Then it will be easier for you as well!
Old 01-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Length of the Bow really depends on her draw length. The shorter the draw length the shorter her Bow can be without finger pinch. I shot fingers for years.

I wish someone would have started me with a release when I started shooting compounds, but they didn't

I really think Trad bows are made for shooting fingers, and compounds were made to shoot with arelease, but that's just my opinion.[8D]

Dan
Old 01-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

You may want to consider a whisker biscuit for the hunting aspect, as I believe it's one less hinder that could occur
during hunting. Some food for thought...
I talked with TeeJay on the phone this morning and thats exactly what he said as well. Thanks for the Info Ed, appreciate It.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wanted to mention the release thing, for the same reasons every one else did, but you seemed apposed?
If it makes a difference weather she likes it or not, it may be something to consider.

I think you have great intentions, but to keep the peace, ask her what she wants to do!!![]

Chit your rolling in the milk, buy her both!
Old 01-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I really think Trad bows are made for shooting fingers, and compounds were made to shoot with a release, but that's just my opinion.
I've never been a fan of releases period and never will I be. It's just my opinion and I don't mean anything bad by saying It. WE All have our ways of doing things, this Is my way and I won't be changing. Myself, my brother, my dad, my mother all started out shooting fingers and did just fine In doing so shooting compounds, It can be done. I just need the right set up for It. No one here Is going to change my opinion on this. This Isn't what this Is about anyway. I told everyone In the thread that a release was not an option. This Isn't a debate about releases, lets not go there.

Quick Reply: Interested In buying a compound

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.