HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Slick Trick Mag, or G5 Striker Mag (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/281827-slick-trick-mag-g5-striker-mag.html)

drockw 01-08-2009 01:14 AM

Slick Trick Mag, or G5 Striker Mag

Ive been thinking about getting a pack of fixed blades for next season just b/c really. I still would like to get a nice large cut (been using 3blade rage) but in a fixed blade head. The Striker Mag is 1.5" cut, but im a little skeptical on the flight/tunability of the head. Anyone have any experience with them adn their flight? I can deal with them if they are consistant.

Ive heard that the ST's fly great and would sacrifice good flight vs. cut any day, but if i could get away with the G5's flying good, i would love it.

Derek

Bailsuk 01-08-2009 03:10 AM

RE: Slick Trick Mag, or G5 Striker Mag

Hey drockw

I've used both and it's Slick Tricks all the way , very accurate and make a good hole too .

YooperMike 01-08-2009 06:47 AM

I've killed a bunch of stuff with Slicks, awesome heads. I have shot the Striker Mags, couldn't get them to do what the Slicks did. Those are monster fixed head, even the package says "for close range shooting." Any amount of wind I see as a problem with those heads. I was never confident enough in them to shoot them at deer.

MeanV2 01-08-2009 07:15 AM

Derek,
4 blades does make a difference. If you are looking for some magnum holes, take a look at the new Grizz Trick.

I used the Grizz Trick the entire season. I killed 4 deer, and 2 turkeys. I got a passthrough every time. I also never had to use a blood trail although they were quite evident.

Dan

bowmanaj 01-08-2009 09:47 AM

haven't used both, so I really can't compare....but Slick Trick mags are awesome, they do the job and fly great

drockw 01-08-2009 10:30 AM

Dan,

what about flight at distances upwards of 30yds??? I usually will NOT take that kind of shot, but i like to be able to know that if im feeling froggy, the bh will go where i direct it:D Other than that, it sounds like ST's for me. I figured the Striker Mag was too big to fly, but I didnt wanna completely eliminate it just yet.

So now i guess its between the ST mag, and the Grizz Trick[&:]

Derek

MeanV2 01-08-2009 10:44 AM

ORIGINAL: drockw

Dan,

what about flight at distances upwards of 30yds??? I usually will NOT take that kind of shot, but i like to be able to know that if im feeling froggy, the bh will go where i direct it:D Other than that, it sounds like ST's for me. I figured the Striker Mag was too big to fly, but I didnt wanna completely eliminate it just yet.

So now i guess its between the ST mag, and the Grizz Trick[&:]

Derek
Derek, The Grizz Trick flew right with the ST Mags out to 60 yards for me. Although my longest kill this year was 27 yards (Muley) I was prepared to shoot 50 if I was presented the opportunity, and conditions were right;)

You located any where close to me?

Dan

drockw 01-08-2009 11:04 AM

It depends on where your from:D

Im in Western KY close to the Indiana Illinois border.

Derek

MeanV2 01-08-2009 11:10 AM

ORIGINAL: drockw

It depends on where your from:D

Im in Western KY close to the Indiana Illinois border.

Derek
I'm about 30 minutes from Shawneetown, which is basically on the KY. border. If you wanna play with a Grizz Trick & a Slick Trick Mag. PM me your address and I'll send you one of each. They won't be new, but you can see how they fly for you.

Dan

deerhunter729 01-08-2009 11:42 AM

I use the slick tricks. I love them. They hold together better than any broadhead I've ever used and always have gotten good pass throughs