Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Drop aways or Whisker biscuits?? >

Drop aways or Whisker biscuits??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drop aways or Whisker biscuits??

Old 01-07-2009, 07:42 PM

Default RE: Drop aways or Whisker biscuits??

This can be argued to death, but I guess it all depends on what types on hunting your going to be doing. Ive always liked drop aways, and never owned a whisker biscuit til this year and wont got back on my hunting bow atleast. Spot and stalk and other mobile types of hunting off of the ground the whisker biscuit is ideal atleast in my book.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

I preferr the WB for hunting.NO moving parts.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Site Bouncer

I'm far from a rookie and I prefer the Whisker Biscuit for a hunting rest. No moving parts, rock solid, accurate and holds your arrow in place without it bouncing around in the rest. No need for mole skin, rubber cushions, etc...nothing. I remember back in the old days when my bow looked likeit was made of mole skin!Man we put that stuff everywhere, on the riser, the rest, the overdraw, you name it and it was covered with mole skin. Not anymore.....My bow is a "mole skin free zone" now.

Both will work just fine, it all depends on how you hunt. Me, I never let my bow out of my hand when I'm hunting, I usually laythe bowacross my lap on it's side and I know my arrow will be in place no matter what I do. It's great for stalking to, I hunt in timber and sometimes it gets pretty thick but the WB keeps my arrow on the rest no matter what I bump into. Quite possibly the best hunting rest on the market today IMHO.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I prefer Drop aways!

I've hunted with one the last 8 to 10 years and never had an issue while hunting. They are not as new as you might think!

I now use Limb Drivers when it comes dropaway rests.

Dan
Old 01-08-2009, 12:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rage2blade

I like both... both are great rests! I would prefer the whisker bisket for a rookie!
X2

I love my Limb Drivers though.

Derek
Old 01-08-2009, 04:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

I'm far from a rookie and I prefer the Whisker Biscuit for a hunting rest. No moving parts, rock solid, accurate and holds your arrow in place without it bouncing around in the rest.

Both will work just fine, it all depends on how you hunt. Me, I never let my bow out of my hand when I'm hunting, I usually laythe bowacross my lap on it's side and I know my arrow will be in place no matter what I do. It's great for stalking to, I hunt in timber and sometimes it gets pretty thick but the WB keeps my arrow on the rest no matter what I bump into. Quite possibly the best hunting rest on the market today IMHO.
This just about says it all.WB rocks!
Old 01-08-2009, 04:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

I hunt in the thick woods up here as well. And to date I have only hunted by walk and stalk. I still preffer the drop away arrow rest. Once the arrow is flying there is no contact with anything. I am not a rookie to bowhunting either. I first tried bowhunting way back in 1978 and my mind is made up on what I want for an arrow rest..
Old 01-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a WB on my Switchback and I had no problems with it. I could see how if I did any spot and stalk hunting, the WB would be even better since you wouldn't have to worry about the arrow falling of the rest.

Not that I've got a Bowtech, I've switched to the Limb Driver. I have to say that I'm very happy with it...and it's been on since the summer. No problems.

They both have their place but I like the drop aways.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:12 PM

I just switched to WB on my new bow. I like it despite all the negatives I've heard.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I much prefer drop aways

Quick Reply: Drop aways or Whisker biscuits??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.