Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Feathers?

Old 01-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Feathers?

Feathers look cool enough on their own... but this is when they look their best.

Even after sitting for several days they clean up good with a little soap and water. (one needed a new nock)
the top arrow killed three deer this season.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was converted to Feathers by Dan ( MeanV ) last year and he has kept me supplied ever since . They are the most accurate fletching i've used to date , I use the 4" barred parabolic with a slight offset right helical . Oh and they look the nuts http://www.hunting.net/forum/tm.aspx?m=3275714&mpage=2.

Which reminds me , i'm gonna need some more very soon Dan
Old 01-08-2009, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Christine , do you feather tape or glue your feathers ?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not sure why feathers got pushed to the way side when vanes came Into play. Feathers to me are better to have on your arrow regardless of the type of bow your shooting. There forgiving which Is a big plus and the feathers getting wet and not being able to be used Is a bunch of BS. Feathers also are nice when Inspecting your arrow If you get a pass through on your animal. They allot of times will grab on to whatever there going through so It can help In defining where you hit your animal If your questioning your shot possibly.

More of a personal preference thing then anything as they both will do the job.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Bailsuk

I'm not Christine, but I'll give my 2 cents anyway. I use the tape, and IMHO for feathers, that's the only way to go. It's quick and is much easier to refletch, especially if your arrows are dipped. Just rub the glue off and refletch. I also feel like it holds better than glue, for feathers. I think the glue soaks into the base of the feather, and doesn't adhere as well.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

ORIGINAL: Bailsuk

I'm not Christine, but I'll give my 2 cents anyway. I use the tape, and IMHO for feathers, that's the only way to go. It's quick and is much easier to refletch, especially if your arrows are dipped. Just rub the glue off and refletch. I also feel like it holds better than glue, for feathers. I think the glue soaks into the base of the feather, and doesn't adhere as well.
I agree with this 100% I have pulled arrows through my targets and had the feathers still on afterwards. Plus, one otherbenefit is, as soon as you put them on with tape, they are ready to shoot. No waiting for glue to dry.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks everyone. What is this feather tape you are talking about?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

I've used fletch tape and liked it. It held to my aluminums better than the regular fletch tite. I still put dabs of glue on the front edges of the feathers tho', otherwise the fronts of the feathers would start to peel back after shooting through enough brush, rabbits, squirrels..etc..

NowI just use Duco cement.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: luke/r

Thanks everyone. What is this feather tape you are talking about?
http://www.3riversarchery.com/product.asp?i=5384
Old 01-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been a 3" feather shooter ever since I started shooting a bow in 94'... A couple years ago I gave the blazers a shot and they didnt get to stay for very long.... I am a big fan of feathers I,like Christine, have used both true flight and gateways, just depends on which one I can find in the color I am looking for.....

Quick Reply: Feathers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.