Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Feathers?

Old 01-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Feathers?

What is the diffreence in a barred parabolic versus a regular parabolic feather? Does it make a positive or negative difference if you are shooting over 300fps with your hunting arrow?

Thanks Jeff
Old 01-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I little trick to save some money. Don't buy the fletch tite glue for applying your feathers, I use Duco Cement, about $1.50 and works just as good if not better, for all arrows, never lost a feather yet and I shoot A LOT of arrows!
Old 01-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

The barred ones have colored bands in them and the regulars ones are just one solid color.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use Fletch Tite Platinum or Fletch tape. The Platinum runs about $3 a tube and will do several dozen arrows, but like others have said The tape is really the way to go for most.

Dan
Old 01-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have gottena fair share of truflights and gateways and I would have to say that I think truflights have better bases. Sometimes I get a gateway that has a real thin base or is tapered so that one end is real thin but towards the other end it gets better. I liked MeanV2's feathers but haven't gotten enough of them yetto see if the bases will be consistant over the long haul.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Typical Buck

Do you fletch them helical,offset or straight? I am going to get a Bitz and was wondering which clamp to get or doesn't it matter?
Thanks!
Old 01-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: luke/r

Do you fletch them helical,offset or straight? I am going to get a Bitz and was wondering which clamp to get or doesn't it matter?
Thanks!
99% of my feathers are Right Helical.

Dan
Old 01-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Luke/r, I recommend a helical clamp. Remember that if you buy left wing feathers you need a left wing clamp and vice versa.

I used to shoot all left wing feathers, then it became easier to find right wing feathers so I bought a right wing clamp. Now I got a bunch of left wing feathers so I'm back to them. I can't tell any difference other than left wing helical spin tends to unscrew your tips a bitwhen youhit foam.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks! I was thinking of getting a right helical clamp and now that is what I am going to get. Thanks Again!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I strongly recommend reading these two threads for those considering feathers ...

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2598903&mpage=1

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2729918&mpage=1&key=feathers&amp ;#2729918

Quick Reply: Feathers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.